Charged for unused DVR
sgarrett2

I ordered a new multi-room DVR in September and said to the Sales Rep I have shows on the old DVR that I haven't watched, and asked specifically will I be charged the monthly fee for the new DVR if I wait to plug in the new DVR until I watch the old stuff ?  I was reassured that I would be charged the $40 flat fee for the new DVR but would not be charged the monthly fee until I sent the old DVR back.  The next monthly bill showed a monthly fee for 2 DVRs.  I called Billing Customer Service and was told "you have 2 DVRs so you are being charged for 2 DVRs, the sales rep was wrong".  I complained and was transferred to Sales and was told I could get a credit once I plugged in the new DVR.  Next bill, still not using the new DVR but still being charged for 2 DVRs, I called Billing and was told I would get a credit once they received the old DVR.  I returned the old DVR 10/30 and am still being charged for 2 DVRs 1 1/2 weeks later (11/09.)  Called Billing once again and was told I would not get a credit for the 2 months that I did not use the new DVR but might get a partial credit from the date they received the old DVR.  That Sales and now Billing were wrong.  I was told they do not have the old DVR and that "it takes time" for them to get it back and process the fact that they got it back.  Funny, the UPS rep said "they'll get it tomorrow" when I shipped it.  All I am looking for is $33.98 credit for the fees for the 2 months that I had a new DVR in a box in the living room and the old DVR hooked up to my TV.  I especially do not want to be charged when I did send the old one back.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for unused DVR
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

sgarrett,

We haven't heard from you, and are unable to assist if you do not provide your information. As such we have closed your Private Support Case. If you still require assistance on this matter or have any additional questions please make a new post and we'll be happy to investigate with you.

-Adam_VZ

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

sgarret,

We have officially closed your case out. Glad we were able to get you a credit back to your account. Feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose_VZ

0 Likes