Cloud Backup - Desktop Storage Notification Compared to Actual Storage is Different
tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hope I am in the right "community."

On Win 10 Desktop App under Summary it says I have used 5 Gig of 5 Gig. When I actually go to and view My Cloud, Setting, Manage Storage it says the same thing. When I look at My Cloud, Settings,  Manage All Content, it shows I have used only 336 MB. This is the exact size of the data files that I have selected for Backup. Now I am getting messagss from the Desktop App saying there is no more room for backup.

I have only been backing up for 24 hours.

Is this service backing up FULL copies of the files every time or just the changes to them as it should be doing?

Where are settings to manage the backup service?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Cloud Backup - Desktop Storage Notification Compared to Actual Storage is Different
jonjones1
Legend

Going to be perfectly honest, I don't know of this cloud backup service outside of Verizon wireless.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet-essentials/online-backup-and-sharing

I see it is no longer offered. But there are links to possibly assist you.

Good Luck

Re: Cloud Backup - Desktop Storage Notification Compared to Actual Storage is Different
tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks. I have been to this page. It is no help with links that go to totally irrrevalent sites. I had to search GOOGLE to find the correct VERIZON web pages concerning this service. Navigating Verizon Site is a nightmare, and I am a very experienced user.

The older backup service is no longer offered but CLOUD backup is. Check this.... 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-cloud/

And this page was NO HELP, of course.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You can use One Drive, iCloud or Box or another cloud storage service.

Of course you can also buy a WD Passport 2 Terabytes external back up drive for around $88 or maybe a little lower or higher depending on where you prchase.

That link is for Verizon Wireless and not for Fios. The wireless one is still available.

0 Likes
tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is from the Cloud Desktop App. Still think this is not intended to be a backup system?

imageScreen Shot

0 Likes
tperk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know where to find directions on how to use/change backup parameters etc?

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Haven't used the app, but I would start with settings?

0 Likes