Clueless Customer Service
Didymus1

Verizon Fios has the worst, most incompetent customer service I've ever experienced.  A neighbor's fencing contractor cut my Fios cable almost 4 weeks ago.  Verizon ran a temporary cable on top of my lawn and my neighbors' yard.  On August 1st, their contractor dug a trench and buried the permanent cable.  All that was left to do is disconnect the temporary cable and hook up the permanent cable on both ends.  Since then, Verizon set 4 appointments to finish the job and didn't show for any of them.  None of the Verizon agents can explain why the appointments were missed.  On 2 of them we were given two hour blocks that we had to be at home so my wife had to take of work to be at home.  For the other 2 appointments we were told we didn't have to be home.  Verizon never called to tell us they couldn't make these appointments.  Every time I called Verizon there was at least a one hour wait to talk to an agent.  One night I was on hold for 2 hours.  The 2 times I accepted call backs it took Verizon 2 hours 10 minutes and 2 hours 45 minutes to call back.  My neighbor continues to complain about the cable running across his yard and has said he will not be held liable if he accidentally cuts the cable when mowing his lawn.

Verizon has supposedly scheduled another technician for tomorrow (8/23) between 10 am and 12 pm to take care of this.  We are required to have someone at home.  Why would anyone think at this point that Verizon will show up?  Why would anyone in their right mind take off work for a third time?  They have my phone number.  My office is 15 minutes away from my home.  My question is if I'm not home when Verizon shows up will they call me?

0 Likes
Re: Clueless Customer Service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Didymus,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes