Credit Hard inquiry from Verizon and nobody is helping!
Mady11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well i signed up for new fios service for my home amd got a date and time to i stall..but few minuted late ingot a hard inquiry that will stay on my report for 2 years?!!come on nobody mentioned that and my plan is only 39.99 per month...please its nt like im getting a new house herse?!

0 Likes
Re: Credit Hard inquiry from Verizon and nobody is helping!
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is nothing really to help with. They do credit checks with new service. When I signed up the hard pull didn't affect my score at all. Unless you have multiple hard checks in a short period, one hard pull shouldn't change your score that much if at all. 

Mady11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanknyou for your answer...thenproblem os that it stays for 2 years! And for a hard inquiry i  d rather have it in my record for applying for a  new credit card ,loan or mortgage not internet service! And also nobody said that would happen though i asked Rep. No contract no obligations no credit effect! I just feel decieved.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You were told false information. However one hard pull is not going to affect your score that much. When I purchased my autos my dealer knew I was financing through my cu. however they did 5 credit checks through different banks. They only count as one however, and my cu rate was the lowest. But after one year they don’t matter. After two years they are removed.

try to keep them inquires to less than 4 

Mady11
Enthusiast - Level 2

You said something brfire about closing the bureaus reports... how can i do that?! And will it affect anything else?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

It’s called locking your Bureau reports for companies etc to do a hard pull for credit.

however it must be unlocked before you apply for credit or the company cannot get the credit worthiness information.

https://www.creditkarma.com/advice/i/how-to-lock-credit/

Mady11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you so much ... and i guess for verizon issue theres no solution...thats how it is !?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

You could still dispute it with the credit bureaus. But verizons hard pull is not going to carry much damage weight. It’s when consumers have missed payments, charge offs etc. judgments or liens or collections on the report that does damage. 

people who look at it will know you purchased internet and tv services, nothing bad in that. 

you could try filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission 

http://www.ftc.gov 

they have regulatory powers over credit bureaus policy. But they may not take up your issue.

Mady11
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you..i tried the FTC  before at an issue and they werent the best at all... all seemed like programmed answers and that we encourage you to solve the issue with the seller😂

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Like i said it’s best to lock your file and let it simply fall off. No sense in worrying over it.

you could threaten the credit bureaus to take other actions (like going on the dispute route over and over to be a pest)