Customer Service – Just Amazing! NOT!
PacRec
Enthusiast - Level 2

My Triple Play contract was expiring so I needed to call customer service and negotiate a new deal, having countless bad experiences with Verizon customer service when I first had it installed; I was not getting a 10.00/mo.  Sign up online promo credit that was in my agreement, I had to be willing to change my phone number to do the online sign up so the promo was the only reason I changed my phone number! To make a long story short it took about 7 months to finally get the credit adjusted on my account.

During that process I had learned how to condition myself before I even pick up the phone to call Verizon, I create a file first thing so I can take detailed notes, names and numbers, I take something to relax myself and them I prepare for the worse, if anything goes right I am automatically ahead of the game!

On 9/28/11 I’m ready and I make the call, start off on hold for about 10-15 min. and I am greeted by a customer service rep. named Monee, operating out of a location in Arizona, very pleasant sounding female. I explain to her the reason for my call is to just renew my 2 year contract, no changes to anything, no equipment changes since I was willing to keep my old DVR’s with their small 160GB HDD’s because I just spent 200 dollars on external hard drives that I couldn’t use until I just recently got the 1.9 update and I’m still willing to pay top dollar leasing fees for these old boxes. I told Monee that I needed to be at around the same price as what I have been paying, I wanted a number (approximation) that included all the taxes and fees. I asked her to see what she could do for me based on a 2 year contract. She came up with a price for me quickly that I was happy with and I told her I would agree to it. She processed all of the information and gave me an order # and a confirmation number. She had me go through the voice recording agreement process also.

Just as we were finishing she said, oh, I hope this went through, the system is slow and it might be going down because we are having lightning storms! She felt confident that it did but she asked me to give her a phone number and said she would call me back. I asked if there was a number I could reach her back in case there was any problem at and was told no. Monee said don’t worry I’m sure everything will be fine, she was going to make some notes.

At this point I was feeling a little strange because everything seemed to have gone way too easy. I never got a phone call back from Melee.

On 10/4/2011 I got a bill that was $52.00 higher than what was agreed upon! I call Verizon back and get some customer service rep in Missouri I think? I explained to her that I renewed my contract last week, she ask for my confirmation # , she looked it up and said it was cancelled on 9/27 and there was no renewal, I told her I had detailed notes and explained this all went down on the 28th so how could it be cancelled on the 27th? I got nothing but dead silence on the other end. Not to worry she was going to take care of me! The first thing she proceeded with was to try and determine what plans would be best for me! **bleep**? I explained to her I am not making any changes with anything, just renewing! I explained that to her 3 times and could not get through to her! She kept bundling up a new plan for me that was going to be way more that what I had agreed on paying! All she could say was I’m sorry and she didn’t know anything about the order I placed last week, my order # and confirmation numbers were both worthless and there was nothing she could do!

I asked for her supervisor, she said I could talk to him but he would not be able to do anything more than she could? I’m wondering why she needs a supervisor then? I finally get the so called supervisor, a kid with a VERY SNOBBY RUDE you need me I don’t need you type attitude, and he asks what he could do for me that she couldn’t? He wouldn’t listen to me, he wasn’t interested what had previously taken place and the order and agreement I made with Verizon on 9/28/11, all he wanted to do is create a new bundle for me and charge me more money.

I verified that he was the supervisor; he said he was but everybody there had equal power. I guess supervisor is like employee of the month or something at Verizon???? I told him he was not helping me and I was going to be looking into other options. I previously had Direct TV, they have been knocking on my door wanting me back, he told me he had Direct TV and they would not give me any deal that was better, This punk is really getting on my nerves about now and doesn’t realize I’m the customer on the other end of the line! that’s when I told him I would have to call them back after I figure out what I need to do. I think he thought he won by losing?

I have had DTV in the past and was happy, their HD DVR’s  record 100 hours of HD shows too vs. my Verizon 16 hours!  I hardly ever use my land line anymore so I will most likely be getting Vonage again for like 11.99/mo (300 minutes/mo) and probably just keep Verizon for the internet ony. I figured this out to save me some money during a terrible economy.

I don’t know if I would feel comfortable recommending Verizon to anybody I care about! I despise the Big Corporate mentality and the lack of professionalism, lack of service and their too big to care about the average customer attitude!

My overall experience with Verizon has been terrible.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Customer Service – Just Amazing! NOT!
PacRec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Verizon, You just lost my residentual phone line service, Magic JacK Plus on the way, in 3 days I get to start making cancellations! I am going to whack my phone service, then HBO, & Cinimax, then I will be working with Direct TV to eliminate the rest of your HD TV service.

BTW - Magic Jack online customer service chat support BLOWS verizon live support away!

I'm starting to feel better already!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service – Just Amazing! NOT!
PacRec
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: Verizon, You just lost my residentual phone line service, Magic JacK Plus on the way, in 3 days I get to start making cancellations! I am going to whack my phone service, then HBO, & Cinimax, then I will be working with Direct TV to eliminate the rest of your HD TV service.

BTW - Magic Jack online customer service chat support BLOWS verizon live support away!

I'm starting to feel better already!

0 Likes