Customer Service Via Chat
Nogames52
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just have to vent and offer a suggestion to Verizon.  The agents handling the online chat for customer support need more training.  They need to know when to punt the chat to a supervisor.  They need to learn when to determine that they are in over their head and need help.  I've had several chats in the last couple of days and each one has gotten progressively worse.  For some it's clear the agents are not native speakers of English.  You have to repeatedly ask to be transferred to a supervisor.  But most of all, the agents do not take time to read what the customer has written.  Having a lot of experience with the chat, I now begin with a full explanation of the reason for the chat and I provide ALL of the info - e.g., address, name on account, phone number, the fact that it's a "copper line" - that is either going to be requested or needed by the agent in order to help me. Looks to me like they are reading from a script because they all open with the same lines.  Then they proceed to ask the "standard" questions which likley appear in the script.  I've already answered those questions in my opening comment.  My next line is "Please read what I have already written." They've not taken the time to read.  Once transferred to a native English speaker things get a bit better.  But unless the problem is a simple one I don't understand why these agents who know they don't know what they are talking about, don't transfer the chat to someone who does.  VERY FRUSTRATING. My last chat got nowhere for 50 minutes with an agent who clearly did not understand my circumstances.  At one point he said I did not have a phone.  I asked him then how can I have a repair ticket - giving the ticket number - if I don;t have a phone.  I also reminded him for the 3rd time that it's not Fios but a copper line. After 4 requests for transfer to a supervisor, I was transferred.  I finally got someone knowledgeable and the matter was addressed in probably 10 minutes.  All of this is about a copper phone line.  I know Verizon wants copper lines gone.  For the money I'm paying for that copper line - for my security system - you can provide me the customer service I deserve.  Wish I could get my service from somewhere else but Verizon has the monopoly on copper lines.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Via Chat
surffishsim

I won't use live chat anymore. I had 4 different chat sessions this week lasting over 2 hours trying to get an agent to activate voice mail on my home land line- not rocket science.   To me it’s an icon somewhere in their system that indicates  On or Off.  I decided to schedule a call back at a pre-determined date/time.  The agent Thomas called at the exact date/time and resolved the issue in 10 minutes due to the fact he was trained, knowledgeable and knew how to solve problems.  I hope they pay him significantly more salary than the agents who staff live chat.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service Via Chat
kh_jenn

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic. Thank you.

0 Likes