Customer service and billing
richarbit
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is the most incompetent and poorest prrovider of customer service I have ever encountered.  For two months, I have spoken by chat or phone to 6 different agents after waiting from 1/2 hour to an hour to solve a simple problem: suspending my home service and informing caller to call my cell phone number.  To solve this simple problem, they had to turn on and then turn off my home service.  Now, I am being billed $470 for services I never received despite assurances from various agents that my bill would be adjusted.  I have lost hope that they can fix the problrm.  Do you have similar circumstances?  Keep in mind that with the demise of net neutrality, they will soon charge you more for using the internet.  What can we do to combat this giant?

0 Likes
Re: Customer service and billing
jonjones1
Legend

First let’s address the first issue. Billing. Call your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission *name varies * and have them deal with Verizon since they regulate them. You may have a consumer protection board who also can assist you. You must google for your state. If you are being ripped off call your state attorney generals office. Consumer frauds and protection bureau.

to the second, Verizon will do nothing under net neutrality yet. 26 states are in the process of making state laws that will make it impossible for them to do anything.

additionally the US Congress is picking up speed as to just cancel out that FCC repeal.

so stay calm.

Re: Customer service and billing
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes