Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
DVR Model?
KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: DVR Model?
KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@KrazyKatLadywrote:

How do I tell what model my DVR is? When I signed up I was told I would be able to record up to 6 shows at once but it seems like I can only record 2 shows. When I have 2 shows recording at the same time and I want to watch a different channel, it asks me which recording I want to cancel. I should be able to record 5 shows and watch another show on a different channel.

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/tv/equipment/stb-dvr

See your device at the link above. There are devices showing for 12 programs.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Super User
Super User

model is right on the front.

If you have VMS, it has 6 tuners.

If you have any remote units (IPCs) they take up a tuner.

So the number of shows you can record is a function of how many tuners are in use.

KrazyKatLady1
Enthusiast

Thanks. I found my DVR model and I had the 6 tuner model, but I was indeed only getting 2 tuners. Called Verison and now I have to pay an extra $12 a month (with a $4 "discount")  to get the 6 tuners that I was promised originally.

So, not happy with Verison so far.

0 Likes