Disconnected?
DV3000

Away on Christmas break to find out our service was disconnected while we were traveling.  Paid in full immediately and asked for restoration of service.

Told we had to return all equipment and apply for a new account and get everything reinstalled.

can anyone advise us if we can avoid this mess and just get it reinstated?

we just switched from Comcast to Verizon a few months ago and I had no idea a late payment could lead to this.

advice?

0 Likes
Re: Disconnected?
jonjones1
Legend

@DV3000 wrote:

Away on Christmas break to find out our service was disconnected while we were traveling.  Paid in full immediately and asked for restoration of service.

Told we had to return all equipment and apply for a new account and get everything reinstalled.

can anyone advise us if we can avoid this mess and just get it reinstated?

we just switched from Comcast to Verizon a few months ago and I had no idea a late payment could lead to this.

advice?

Set up auto pay so it will not happen again.

customers who within a few months of service who don’t pay their invoice are not considered a good risk. They will on account closing charge not only a late fee but a early termination fee at their discretion. 

You then will or may get hit with a deposit for new service. So be careful.

0 Likes
Seeker1437
Community Leader
Community Leader

Also be aware that you can also ask for a vacation suspension which can last up to 9 months if needed.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hopefully you can reach someone to correct this for you.   Unless you missed payments, etc, for an extended time you should be able to get the service installed without returning and starting a new account.

The suggestions for Vacation hold and autopay work well.  I used to use Vacation hold when moving back and forth beween my NY and FL home (both having FIOS),

0 Likes