Dispose of old battery? Recycle?
switz1

What do I do with the old battery from the panel? Will Verizon take it? Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Dispose of old battery? Recycle?
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most municipal waste dropoff centers will take batteries for recycling -- usually free of charge for residents serviced by that center or county.  A call to your local government offices should be able to direct you to the center nearest you.

Additionally, many wholesale/retail battery stores will take old batteries for recycling and I remember seeing recently even an electronics store that had a recharable battery recycling drop in the front of their store (next to the toner, ink cartridge, etc. dropoff spot).

Also, where I live, large employers are required to recycle batteries and keep them out of the main waste stream and as such my employer has a location where you put any batteries which are spent -- they have no issue with employees adding personally owned batteries to that box as well (within reason).   YMMV.

0 Likes
Re: Dispose of old battery? Recycle?
jacheter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just returned from Verizon, was rudely told they do not recycle or dispose of FIOS battery

0 Likes