Don't use the Chat! Don't waste your time
AK12345671
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been a loyal Verizon customer for a decade, and have had the most horrific experience. I placed a move order on 2/28 that took about 90 minutes to schedule and process with a chat agent. I was very pleased with the experience (should have been a red flag!). The day before my tech was supposed to come, I hadn't received any notification so I jumped back on the chat. To my horror, the full details from my service request were in the system but due to "tech difficulties", my request hadn't been processed. No problem, said the "helpful" chat Agent, he will set me up and escalate the request. I spent ~3 hours working with this chat Agent to place the move request again, and he said that everything was all set. The next morning, today (3/5), I decided to call into the 1-800 # to make sure that everything was ok and AGAIN i was told that there was a "tech glitch" and my order would need to be completely resubmitted. Unbelievable for a telecomm company to have such horrific systems and service. Instead of getting cable/internet in my new home today, 3/5, the earliest appointment is now 3/9. Rest assured, said the lovely agent, everything would be escalated and I would still have a tech show up today or tomorrow (this was all happening between 8 and 9:30am). The agent said that she would call me multiple times and update the progress. You all know where this is headed, I never got a call back. I then dialed back into the 1-800 number at 4pm, waited for over an hour to speak with someone, and the latest agent told me that because it's so late in the day, there's nothing that can be done. I was then shifted over to an "escalation" department agent, "Chris", who continually repeated that there was nothing that could be done and while apologetic, I should be lucky to have an appointment on Tuesday, March 9th. There was no problem solving that could occur here, his hands were tied. Shame on Verizon and this deplorable service. My wife and I require internet to work from home. This is a big deal and to be treated like crap, repeatedly, is such a shame. I'm looking into Spectrum and other options, do folks have ideas? My bottomline, NEVER USE CHAT and DONT TRUST THE AGENTS. Make them put everything in writing and confirm, confirm, confirm. This conduct over the last 5 days is truly shameful.

0 Likes
Re: Don't use the Chat! Don't waste your time
jonjones1
Legend

The chat is useless. They use off shore support staff which can do very little.

I was strung along a few months ago on the wireless side on an issue that I was told was taken care of. I was repeatedly disconnected, I was lied to and after 3 hours of this crap I simply ended the chat as being set up by design to not actually help but to hinder. I call on the phone the next day and the local USA based agent gave me what I wanted in 5 minutes. 

told me because of what transpired he would have Verizon give me an extra $100 off my invoice. I did not contact them for money off but a sim issue. But Verizon on the wireless side was outstanding.

bottom line do not use Fios chat under any circumstances just call them between 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday eastern daylight time.

Re: Don't use the Chat! Don't waste your time
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AK1234567,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes