Double billing for same services at new apartment
kerrykylebenn

My husband and I moved into our new apartment on Oct. 12. We had Verizon FiOS in our last apartment (internet only, we had cut the cable cord), and the service was transferred over with the addition of phone and TV since we could get an intro rate again - or so we thought.

We are currently getting two bills, with two different account numbers. One (the one that was rolled over from our old apartment - it has the same login and is still autopaying) is only being charged for the phone+internet double play. This one is the one that actually has the phone number we use for our apartment. The other bill is being charged the REALLY expensive price for TV-only service. They are both billed to me and at the same address where we currently live.

It took me a while to figure this out (and while I was figuring it out, I was only autopaying the phone+internet bill because I didn't understand why I was getting a second bill). I've now made SIX phone calls to Verizon. Each time, I go through the whole explanation, the person on the phone is super confused about how this could have happened, and starts a new ticket for me - but nothing is ever resolved. Now I'm getting emails saying they're going to cut off my service and report me to the credit bureaus. 

I just got two more paper bills for the period ending 12/28 today - and same thing. Now it looks like someone might have correctly combined so I'm paying the triple play rate - but it's on the wrong account number (not the one actually associated with my apartment phone number) - and I'm still getting both bills.

I'm afraid to cancel either account when I call because I don't know which one is really connected to my service. Also, every time I call, the person on the phone says they don't see the supposed $627 in back charges I owe - the account balance on the second bill shows up at $0 - but I keep getting overdue bills. I don't actually owe that $627 - that is two months of TV at a TV-only rate, when I was paying for the triple play on my other account. 

I need help. I need one of these accounts to go away, and I need the $627 balance to disappear since it is a duplicate of my other bill. 

I have at least two ticket numbers open on this already that I know of but no end in sight. I am tempted to just cancel all my service and try to start over again with Comcast or whoever else, but I think I'm locked into a contract.

Anyone have any ideas? Any Verizon agents out there willing to help? I'd be happy to talk to someone about this - I am just so fed up with talking to a different person on the phone each time who doesn't actually have the power to help.

Thanks so much for any advice!

0 Likes
Re: Double billing for same services at new apartment
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kerrykylebenn,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes