Early Termination Fee
gpg0425
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello- I currently have Internet and basic cable with Verizon.  I am looking to get rid of the basic cable and only keep the internet.  I have 15 months left in my 2 year contract.  Any idea of what the early termination fee is?  Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Early Termination Fee
jonjones1
Legend

@gpg0425 wrote:

Hello- I currently have Internet and basic cable with Verizon.  I am looking to get rid of the basic cable and only keep the internet.  I have 15 months left in my 2 year contract.  Any idea of what the early termination fee is?  Thanks! 

Possible to just keep internet, but it will cause a different price paid.

normally you take that $350 divide it by 24 to get to a base monthly termination left.

early termination is for cancellation of all services. 

Call 1-800-VERIZON they should be able to assist you further.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

@gpg0425 wrote:

Possible to just keep internet, but it will cause a different price paid.

normally you take that $350 divide it by 24 to get to a base monthly termination left.

early termination is for cancellation of all services. 

Call 1-800-VERIZON they should be able to assist you further.

DoneWithFios

Be careful.  I did this same thing and they said it wouldn't affect my existing contract other than my internet price would go up due to no longer having a bundle deal.  I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with them after realizing they DID extend my contract when I dropped the cable.  I was told previoulsy this wouldn't happen and I was never notified that it would extend my contract.  Seem criminal to me.  Oh, and I never did get to speak with a supervisor; I was told they will call me back. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@DoneWithFioswrote:

Be careful.  I did this same thing and they said it wouldn't affect my existing contract other than my internet price would go up due to no longer having a bundle deal.  I just spent an hour and a half on the phone with them after realizing they DID extend my contract when I dropped the cable.  I was told previoulsy this wouldn't happen and I was never notified that it would extend my contract.  Seem criminal to me.  Oh, and I never did get to speak with a supervisor; I was told they will call me back. 

Well the call will never come. But you knew that.

essentally what you were told is how it works. Like I stated below. The contract bundled price will be gone, your price will raise by how much I do not know. And there should not be a contract extension. Now I have a neighbor that dropped his TV from his Internet & TV bundle because he said the price went up after a year. Verizon did not extend his contract however the price for his gigabyte internet went up very high.

he now is going back to cable for way less. But his speeds will be way less also. 🤨

0 Likes
VeteransWidow

I am a recent active duty Navy member's widow.  I have moved to a location that Fios is not available.  Upon packing and moving out of my house in VA, I took the equipment to the store with death certificate in hand.  I was PROMISED (lies) that an early termination fee ($275.00) would not be charged.   The account was in my husband's name only.  After months of trying to get this resolved they promised it would be credited.  The final bill came out last month.  Of course the outgoing greeting always says they are closed and are opened Mon-Fri 8 am to 6 pm.  No time zone noted!  I have moved to a location that Fios is not available.  SUPER FRUSTRATED that they charged my credit card, remember I'm not on the account, for this yet it will take months to resolve!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi VeteransWidow,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes