Extremely poor customer service
Lisette1125

I recently moved back home with my Mother and discovered there were a few things concerning Verizon Fios that needed to be updated.  My initial customer service experience when ordering products was satisfactory.  However, when it came time to install the equipment, they never showed up!  I then called customer service and they stated that we weren't scheduled for the install until TWO WEEKS later.  That is way beyond unsatifactory.  Other cable providers send technicians out to your home within 2-3 days.  When I did speak to a customer service rep (Joel) who was very helpful in trying to, "fix," the issue, I stayed on the phone with him for 1 1/2 hours until he was able to schedule a technician to come out within 24 hours of the call.  After that incident, I called to schedule someone to move a Verizon Fios cable pole that they set in the MIDDLE OF MY YARD.  Why on earth would you set one of these unattractive cable poles in the middle of someone's yard in the first place?  When looking at my neighbors homes, I noticed that these poles were set on the outside perimeters of their yards.  I called customer service/technical support back today.  The customer service rep initially could not find the order.  In total I have had to deal with at least 8 different incompentent customer service people (with the exception of Joel)  We pay a lot of money for the services we have purchased through Verizon, the very least they can do is provide exceptional customer service.  If things do not get better, I will be cancelling all of my services with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Extremely poor customer service
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We received a notice that our DVR was the old model and it could not provide us with some of the NEW services  since going to Fios.

It was an EXCHANGE and there would be no charge.

TODAY WE ARE RECEIVING OUR FOURTH DVR. WE HAVE BEEN ON THE PHONE FOR HOURS GOING AND GETTING NO WHERE.

Again LAST NIGHT WE GOT ANOTHER NOTICE another DVR is being delivered today. My wife and I could not get a living breathing Fios Agent.

Finally I called the Wireless Support and one of their people gave me a new phone number. At 2:00 A.M. this morning we finally spoke to someone in CA.

We believe the DVRs are going to stop coming, he found a wrong entry in the system by Verizon.

Today we are going to spend the entire day home again to wait for the UPS delivery man who knows what is going on and feels badly for us as well.

FOR WHAT WE ARE PAYING WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPEAK TO A LIVE BREATHING TECH BEFORE 2:00 A.M. in the morning.

Also until they are all returned and entered in, and I took them to a UPS Logistic Center which took time, we are showing 4 DVR Multiple Room units on our Account. They may charge us for all four if anyone misses what is going on when they are received by Verizon.

WE NEVER REQUESTED THE NEW DVR FIOS TOLD US IT HAD TO BE REPLACED AND THEY HAVE PUT US THROUGH A TERRIBLE TIME.

I am being treated for Stage 3 Cancer and the stress of all this has made me feel even more tired and bad.

We pray that today ends this once and for all. It is easier for us to reach our GOD then a Verizon Support or Customer Service Agent.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We want to make one thing clear the folks in CA who helped us were GREAT.  Only because a Wireless agent gave us a phone number not used or given out did we reach these GREAT folks in CA who I believe have gotten this nightmare over with. A hour ago we received our FOURTH DVR from UPS and have send it back to Verizon. NOW we pray they receive the FOUR DVRS and deduct them for our account.

"Finally I called the Wireless Support and one of their people gave me a new phone number. At 2:00 A.M. this morning we finally spoke to someone in CA."

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

PS. WE just sent the FOURTH DVR back UPS was here again.

Unbelievable, I see the UPS man more then I see my Cancer Doctor anymore.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We just received a notification another DVR maybe shipped to us. VERIZON TOLD US THIS WAS AN EXCHANGE, THEY NEEDED FOR US TO HAVE AN UPDATED DVR.   There was to be no charge only an exchange, this notification states "you recently ordered" WE ORDERED NOTHING WE WERE TOLD TO EXCHANGE OUR DVR THERE WOULD BE NO CHARGE.   Set Top Box

Delivery Update

The Set-Top Box (STB) you recently ordered from Verizon has been shipped. Expected delivery date: 08/29/2014. Click below to track your shipment.

0 Likes