FIOS TV Test Drive Beware
kellyc13579

If you are a new customer to Verizon Fios, do not go with the Fios TV Test Drive. When I signed up for Verizon Fios late last year, I went with the rep's recommendation to try the TV Test Drive for two months. At the end of the two months, Verizon would recommend one of their TV plans going forward. At the end of the TV Test Drive, I was originally going to go with the Your Fios TV package. However, the Your Fios TV package has very limited TV choices, much more limited than lineup I had with Optimum. Near the end of the Test Drive I called and spoke with a customer service rep. At that time I was told that if I did nothing I would be enrolled in the MOST package which included a free set top box ($12) and free DVR service ($12) for a discount of $24 a month and a monthly bill of $168.85. My first month bill came and I was charged $192.85. I looked at my bill and saw that I was charged the $24 for the box and DVR. I called on 2/26/21 to inquire about it and the rep credited my bill and said the discount would be reflected on all bills going forward. I just received my most recent bill and am being charged $216.85, the $24 box/DVR discount is back and the $24 credit from last month was added as a past due amount.

I called today and was informed by the rep that I am not eligible for the free set top box/DVR offer with MOST package because I am *not a new customer* because I went with the TV Test Drive. DO NOT SELECT the TV Test Drive. Just go with a specific TV package from the start to get the discounts. I feel like I was essentially tricked into going with the TV Test Drive instead of a channel package initially.

I feel like I have been misled and misinformed from the start by the salesperson that came to my house to the two customer service reps that told me I would receive the set top box/DVR discount. I am going to have to consider terminating my account with Verizon and going back to Optimum.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV Test Drive Beware
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi kellyc13579,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes