FIOS TV experience
Abigail2022

This past week has made me livid and question my 35 year account with Verizon.  New Year's Day, I chatted with Fios to see if I could reduce my ever-increasing Fios TV bill.  I was told that there was a new package that would reduce my account and was assured that all of my existing channels would be the same.  I agreed.  Next day, hardly any channels were available, so I chatted again with an agent.  She apologized and said that I was told the wrong information and that a new change (which still was less expensive than my original plan) would have everything I had previously.  I specifically mentioned HBO, and a few other plans, but told her that I couldn't remember them all.  She assured me, promised me that I would be made whole, and that I should not worry.  She said that the channels would be available that evening and that I would receive new equipment in a few days.  Well...that night nothing changed (but I was smart enough to download the chat).  I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and wait for the equipment to come.   Equipment arrived, set up, and wouldn't you know it, nothing changed.  Spoke to an agent this time and I advised him that I wanted to be put back on my original plan.  I was told this was no longer available and was offered a plan for the same price as my original plan that had far fewer channels.  Although he assured me that this plan was the same as my original plan,  it is not.  After a review on the website, it seems the only option that would come close to my original lineup would be an even higher priced plan that does not include HBO.  Really.  I never would have changed anything.  I was misled by two online agents, and now can't get a manager to get back to me (they were supposed to have called me tonight).

Has anyone had a similar experience?  I'm considering reaching out the NY AG, but would love to hear how others handled this.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS TV experience
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Abigail2022,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes