False Unreturned Equipment Charge
garu1

Around April 30, I placed a call to Verizon seeking information about Verizon FiOS service.  I was very clear to the customer service agent that I was just seeking information, and that I wanted a few days to shop around before making a final decision regarding whether to subscribe.  The customer service agent scheduled a technician appointment for me for May 11, and told me that I would have until then to decide whether I wanted the service.  The agent never told me at any point during the call that Verizon would be shipping equipment to me before May 11, and I never agreed to receive or return any Verizon equipment.

Nevertheless, on May 1, Verizon emailed me to say that equipment had been shipped to me.  Because this equipment was shipped without my knowledge or consent, I called Verizon that day to cancel my order.  The Verizon customer service agent cancelled my order and told me to refuse delivery of the Verizon equipment.  On May 6, the equipment was delivered to my building.  I refused to accept it and asked the mailroom to return it to sender.  The mailroom did so, and no longer has possession of the equipment.

Then, on May 17, Verizon emailed and threatened to charge me $650 per piece of equipment for not returning the equipment, even though the equipment was returned to sender.  More importantly, I should not be responsible for returning equipment that I never ordered and that I never agreed to receive or return.

Please advise on what I should do.  I was very close to switching to Verizon FiOS, but now feel like I have been targeted by squeege men.  And the many complaints about fraudulent unreturned equipment charges on this forum leave me very uncomfortable with ever subscribing to Verizon services.

0 Likes
Re: False Unreturned Equipment Charge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes