Fios Technician came then left without fixing anything
Scoliis

Tuesday Morning I wake up to find out that my internet is down. I didn't think much of it at first then I saw that there were these wires that were severed all over the front of our Duplex. I texted our neighbor and they also said their internet was down. Seems like the fiberoptic cable was broken. I used the Fios App and got a ticket in for a technician to come in on Thursday 1-3PM. The neighbors were able to get one earlier for Wednesday 2-4PM. I come home Wednesday at around 5PM and see fios technicians working on a ladder and ask if it's possible to just swap out our wires too since they are already up there. They said it's not possible since it is not on the ticket and I understood and waited for Thursday. Now today I come home for a bit during lunch since I did not know if the technician would need me to be present. (the neighbors were not present yesterday during the repair). I didnt get any call from the technician to see when he was coming but at around 2PM I look out the window and see the Fios van sitting in front of the house. I go up to him and ask if he's here to fix the internet and he says yes but he's waiting on some truck because he needs to replace the cables. I asked if I need to be present for the repair since I would prefer to go back to work and the technician said no, all of the cables and the ONT are all located outside and that I would not need to be there for the repairs. I said okay and leave for work. At 4:30 PM I arrive home to find out that not only is my internet still down but absolutely no work has been done and the technician is gone. I call Verizon to see what is going on and the dispatch department told me that the technician has left and on the ticket it says that the technician was "unable to access the ONT and the Mr. (referring to me) had to go back to work." Okay. So I ask to be connected with the Technician but he's off for the day at 4PM. I was able to get a supervisor's number but no response for 2 hours. I finally call Verizon again and am told that they will be back tomorrow. I expected the service to be back and running tonight. I chose Verizon for its reliability and yet this Technician was so lazy that he didnt just go up and replace the cables? I was told by customer service that I will be credited back for the days that I did not have service. What about all the inconveniences that was caused because of an incompetent and lazy technician? I would understand if he lacked the equipment or supplies to fix it then gave me a call saying he is unable to fix the internet today. then I would have stayed behind at work to finish up the documents that I planned to do at home. My wife who has been attending a class for work that directly affects her promotion is unable to submit her assignments in on time because of this and all I am told is that there is absolutely nothing else that Verizon can do except credit back the days without service? How is this how you treat your loyal customers? An employee of yours has failed to do their obligations and there has to be consequences from your side as well. How is it that only the customer suffers from your employee's incompetence. I could have set up other ways of accessing internet if only the technician has given me a simple call saying that he is unable to fix the issue today. I could have even gotten a mobile broadband from the Verizon store that is right across from where I work. But now I am going to have to go into work early and my wife will not submit her assignments in on time all because of a Verizon's Technician; and Verizon is "unable" to give back more than credit for the days without service. What kind of ridiculousness is this? Just because you are one of the few big ISP companies that has a monopoly doesn't mean you can treat your customers like they are worthless.

0 Likes
Re: Fios Technician came then left without fixing anything
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Scoliis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes