Fios equipment return process
Pensfan412

I'm getting ready to return Fios equipment from my parents house.  I was not instructed to have a label or box but was told to just take the equipment to one of the stores listed.  They appear to be UPS stores.  Again, I was not sent or given any labels/boxes. Is this correct?  Can I just take the equipment as is to these locations for drop off?

0 Likes
Re: Fios equipment return process
jonjones1
Legend

If that is the new way to return I would make sure the UPS store gives a detailed receipt for what you are returning and that you place a paper in the box with the account number and what is being returned. Then keep a copy of the receipt and contents letter (see if ups will sign a copy for you) then get them to send it back.

verizon is famous for saying they never received items back even when you have a confirmation from the shipper stating it is there. Stay alert.

0 Likes
Jonathan15

Hindsight is 20/20.

So how screwed am I....?

I returned my Fios cable box at UPS store today.  The cashier apparently shipped it to COMCAST, but I only noticed this on the receipt two hours later, after UPS had collected the package and UPS Store was closed.

Thoughts on how to resolve?  Unsure if UPS can intercept.  Doubtful Comcast will help.  Doubtful Verizon will have any sympathy.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The problem being getting it back from the cable company. If you can get it returned by Comcast then send it to the correct place then this might turn out ok.

now for the worst case scenario Verizon states it was never received and they bill you for the equipment. If a router about $200 if a tv box possibly $300 each and then you are square with verizon.

even if you show verizon the ups mistake they may still think the customer is pulling a fast one (I think you would also) to keep or sell the equipment. 

maybe as I said it might be returned to you. Call Comcast receiving department and have them refuse the package. It then returns to you.

0 Likes
Lyra11

I recently had the same thing happen to me. Verizon is saying the equipment went to the wrong address and UPS is telling me Verizon and Comcast are the same for equipment return. Did you ever resolve it?

0 Likes
RouteIssueVa

#verizon is famous for saying we didn't receive the device.

I was moving from location A to B and at location B there were no Verizon fios services available, therefore I requested to terminate my service and verified if I can return my device from any of the Verizon listed locations, once I  got a confirmation that I can. Then after arriving at location B, I stepped into a nearby Verizon store to drop off, but they gave me a FedEx shipping label as they not any more accepting devices directly at the store for drop off, and as instructed I dropped it off at FedEx.

Now the problem is they want me to pay a device not returned fee of $175 as they don't see the device at their end. Or they want the fedex receipt or the tracking number which I don't have anymore I trashed it after confirming they received the device. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi RouteIssueVa,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes