Fios?
DigitalTruth

I guess this can be considered an idea depending on Verizon's current standing. All the hype about Fios TV and its advanced platform allowing for improved customer experience. As a former employee, and subscribed Fios customer since it was launched in my area well over 5 years ago, I must say I am not impressed. Other than being able to subscribe to more services and widgets I feel this Fios system is not showing its true potential! With such a robust system, to not go full bore iptv is disappointing.  It allows for interactive tv and innovation which is what was originally promised by Verizon Fios. Rather than have movie channels in different languages,  just hit a button to change the audio stream, likewise with hd/non-hd, no need for 1000 channels. Such a well designed system competing on the same level as Cablevision, when the Verizon foundation has the potential to blow away the competition. It seems you were going for something very innovative, got scared and then settled for mediocrity! My idea is to use this system the way it was meant to be and stop following the crowd. Obviously people will go to the other service if its cheaper mainly because of taxes, but that is probably an even bigger reason NOT to do what everyone else is doing, you need to go above and beyond. 

0 Likes
Re: Fios?
DigitalTruth

I'm talking about utilizing those USB ports for cameras, so people can make video calls through there box's! OMG, the ideas are endless, what are you guys doing with this amazing technology?

0 Likes
DigitalTruth

Integrate a mouse & keyboard, preferable wireless, with box and make it an onscreen Android tablet, to utilize Google apps and all its functionality! I have ideas for days!!

0 Likes
DigitalTruth

Wireless integration with mobile phone. So you can use it as mouse, like a touchpad,  and keyboard. Succumb to OpenSource, and allow developers the ability to develop it for you if you can't get it done yourself. So much potential and in all these years sudoku on widgets is the best you can do?

0 Likes