Formal Complaints Regarding Verizon Service
JessicaZo

Not that they care, but is there any way to email Verizon about services? I understand (from other boards) that there is no way to file a formal complaint. I also can't find an email for their customer service to save my life.

I moved to a new address in late April. I called to transfer my service, I believe I'd been a customer for 4 years, and was stuck on the phone for well over an hour. This was due to a "computer problem." I was repeatedly assured that there was nothing wrong with my account, just a computer problem no one could solve. I finally got everything set up and an appointment scheduled for May 1st. Two days before that appointment, I got a call telling me the appointment couldn't be kept and I needed to reschedule. The next appointment was May 19th. That meant 3 weeks (my service had been cut off at the old address on April 29th) with no internet or TV. With finals coming up (I'm applying to vet school), I had to have internet. I went out to TMobile and bought a hotspot and paid an exorbitant amount for the device/data so that I would have something for the next 3 weeks.

Yesterday, May 19th, the 2 technicians come. They were very nice and worked very hard, but it took almost 8 hours for them just to get internet up. The TV still did not work. They were packing up when I let them know. They came back to check it and said they thought it was the cable, as they'd had to connect 2 together since they didn't have the correct length. They said they would come back today and bring me another one. Since I had to work, I asked them to leave it on the porch. They didn't leave anything that I can see. Since I had their phone number from when they called me yesterday, I texted to ask if they were going to drop it off. They never responded. I then went to Best Buy and wasted my money and time buying a cable. I came home and hooked it up, and of course the set top box would still not work. I called and was told the box just wasn't activated. The operator said he'd activated it and it was totally fine now. Nope, not at all. A connection issue "OOD," not something I can fix with cabling within the house. I then told them to cancel the TV service. I FULLY intend to cancel absolutely all of my Verizon services once I can find another ineternet provider. Of course I was put on hold. I then got live chat going and finally got the message across that I just wanted the TV service canelled and wanted to ensure they were NOT charging me one dime for it, as it has never worked. I was told the chat was closing for the day and just to hold on so they could call me to set up the cancellation. Did they call me? Of course not. I had to call again, get put on hold again, get told again by the recording that it could'nt communicate with my set top box and all I had to do was reset it and it would be fine! Fortunately the 3rd person I spoke to tonight agreed to cancel the service and send a box so I can pack up this garbage and waste my time driving around to drop it off.

I genuinely regret wasting these past 3 weeks waiting for Verizon and all of the time and money I've wasted on this debacle. I'm more than sure they could care less since they already have my money, but I find it telling that they make it impossible for you to file complaints and extremely difficult to find ways to send an email to their customer service department. Atrocious service and I can't wait to be done with them. I would like to add that it's incredibly overpriced. I reduced my service and somehow it was more each month. They said I'd had a "coupon" before which had expired. Very silly.

If anyone can provide me with an email for customer service I'd be grateful. I don't trust that I'm not paying the exorbitant fees for the TV service (that I've never had) as I write this. 

0 Likes
Re: Formal Complaints Regarding Verizon Service
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes