Free DVR for Life Complaint
Beehive555
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am writing to complain about Verizon's "Free DVR for Life" promotion, which I knew when I signed on to Fios was too good to be true. To make a long story short, my bill has increased quickly and sigificantly since I have been a Verizon customer. It was raised yet again last month. I was told that it could be decreased if I signed another two-year contract, which I would be willing to do if doing so did not eliminate my free DVR for life. Of course, I was informed that because my plan is old and no longer exists, I would have to sign on to a new plan for a two-year contract, which would mean giving up the free DVR for life. Shame on Verizon for offering a free DVR for life when it knows very well that no customer would be able to maintain the deal. Is it my fauly the plan I signed up for years ago has been modified to some other plan with some other name? Of course not. So, basically, if I would like to keep the free DVR for life, I would not be allowed to take advantage of the cost-lowering measure of signing a two-year contract, as doing so would mean "switching" plans. How does Verizon expect to keep customers with that logic? In any case, I simply wanted someone in corporate to contemplate the dishonest nature of the free DVR for life offer. I have no doubt corporate is already well aware of this dishonesty and counts on its customers throwing up their hands and accepting it. Shame on Verizon. I was a loyal customer and have been happy with the service, but the way Verizon treats its customers is insulting. 

Re: Free DVR for Life Complaint
Unvalued

My free DVR for Life credit was taken away as well. I had went to change my contract since it had went up a lot and also I needed increased internet speed. In the past, my DVR credit had always followed me when I switched plans or signed new contracts. This time however, I was surprised to see that the credit did not follow me. I called corporate and they just said that any time you change plans it does not follow you. But that is not true because I have changed bundles a few times and it always has. It supposedly was grandfathered in in 2017, so they should not be taking the discounts away from people. That is just very bad business practice, especially to customers that have been with them for a long time as I have. I will definitely be earnestly seeking out alternate providers!!!

0 Likes
Re: Free DVR for Life Complaint
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes