Gift Card Issues
David_Letterman

I switched over to Verizon from my previous subscriber due to the great reviews about service and customer service. Customer Service was always an issue with the last company and I was hoping things were going to be different, but I guess I was wrong.

I received an email telling me to redeem my gift card (I will spare the frustration story of trying to initially redeem this card). I was finally able to sign in and select my gift card to be emailed to my account. I received an email from Verizon a few days later; I never opened it, as I was side tracked at work and forgot about it.

A few days later, I received another notification tell me that my Verizon gift card was being sent in the mail and I was very confused. After seeing that message, I noticed that my initial email from Verizon just disappeared like they have some type of a recall unopened messages rule built in or something. It was very odd.

I chatted with a 3 different online representatives and each one was less and less helpful. The first rep told me the gift card was sent out in the mail. After waiting a few days, a second rep told me it would be about 15 days. After waiting 20 days, the third rep didn’t even bother to help and instead told me that I have to try calling the AFNI team, however, I was on hold for over an hour before I gave up.

This is completely ludicrous. There are endless posts about customers having this same exact issue. At first I thought it was just me, but what is going on Verizon? I was hoping to be a loyal Verizon customer for many years, but I am starting to think the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. This is very disappointing that this company is not meeting expectations and really should look into these issues and let us know what is going on and who is pocketing our gift card money?

0 Likes
Re: Gift Card Issues
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi David_Letterman,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Update Gift Card Issue
David_Letterman

After sending my below message, verizon private messaged me and asked me to reach out to another online rep on either facebook or twitter. I follow the directions and they told me to call the same AFNI hotline, the phone number where they dont answer.

Do your selves a favor, if customer service is the reason for switching to Verizon, you might want to think twice.

Below is my first message:

I switched over to Verizon from my previous subscriber due to the great reviews about service and customer service. Customer Service was always an issue with the last company and I was hoping things were going to be different, but I guess I was wrong. I received an email telling me to redeem my gift card (I will spare the frustration story of trying to initially redeem this card). I was finally able to sign in and select my gift card to be emailed to my account. I received an email from Verizon a few days later; I never opened it, as I was side tracked at work and forgot about it. A few days later, I received another notification tell me that my Verizon gift card was being sent in the mail and I was very confused. After seeing that message, I noticed that my initial email from Verizon just disappeared like they have some type of a recall unopened messages rule built in or something. It was very odd. I chatted with a 3 different online representatives and each one was less and less helpful. The first rep told me the gift card was sent out in the mail. After waiting a few days, a second rep told me it would be about 15 days. After waiting 20 days, the third rep didn’t even bother to help and instead told me that I have to try calling the AFNI team, however, I was on hold for over an hour before I gave up. This is completely ludicrous. There are endless posts about customers having this same exact issue. At first I thought it was just me, but what is going on Verizon? I was hoping to be a loyal Verizon customer for many years, but I am starting to think the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. This is very disappointing that this company is not meeting expectations and really should look into these issues and let us know what is going on and who is pocketing our gift card money?

0 Likes