Getting Started Guide / Privacy
NilsaF_VZW
Community Manager
Community Manager

The Verizon Community is a peer to peer support community where customers can post questions and learn from each other by sharing solutions. The Community also provides a place for members to search for information and discuss other topics of interest.

Guests or unregistered visitors can browse or search the community for iformation. Members or registered users can post messages or comments, subscribe to discussions, select correct answers, and other community actions.

All members of the community must abide by the Terms of Service and User Guidelines. Following these rules will help ensure the quality of the community content.

Sign In & Your Profile

You can sign in or register with your My Verizon Account or sign in with your Community Member Only Account.
Personalize your profile by choosing an avatar and letting the Community know who you are. Check out all the neat stuff you can do.

Introuce Yourself

Looking to meet other Verizon Community members? Check out our Welcome Verizon Community thread and introduce yourself! We have a ton of members that want to learn more about you.

Privacy

Members of the Verizon Community have the ability to retrieve, view, change, reset and download their community content and personal information. Members have the ability to delete their personal information by closing the account.

Signing In with your My Verizon Account Users.

To begin please click designated "Sign In" option on the black bar.

Desktop-screenshot (1).png

To sign in with your My Verizon Account, enter the mobile number and password, click the “Sign In”

Sign in to your My Verizon Account .

My-Verizon-Log-In-Sign-in-to-your-Verizon-Wireless-or-Fios-Account.png

You are now logged in to the site. You can begin by personalizing your profile and start getting engaged.

Community-Home-Verizon-Community.png

Note: the sign out link under the community nav (black bar) does NOT work for SSO accounts. SSO accounts have to use the global nav to sign out and Community member only accounts can use the secondary community nav drop down to sign out.

Registering with your My Verizon Account Users.

To begin please click designated "Sign In" option on the black bar.

To register with your My Verizon Account, enter the mobile number, click the “Continue” You’ll need your mobile device with you.

My-Verizon-Registration.jpg

Please follow the prompts on the screen.

Once completed, you will receive a free text message with the registration pin to verify your account.

After verification you will be taken to the Account Setup page to create a user name and password.

Note: User names must be a minimum of 2 and maximum of 21 characters and no personal information.

Click “Done.”

You are now logged in to the site. You can begin by Personalizing Your Profile and Getting Engaged.

Note: the sign out link under the community nav (black bar) does NOT work for SSO accounts. SSO accounts have to use the global nav to sign out and Community member only accounts can use the secondary community nav drop down to sign out.

Community Member Only Accounts.

To begin please hover over the designated "Sign In" option in the community navigation. Then click Community Member Only

If this is your first time signing in on the new platform, please use the Reset your password link under the Username and Password section on the login page.

You will then receive an email notification and be able to login with your Community Member Only credentials

Sign-in-to-the-Verizon-Community-Verizon-Community.png

Your Profile.

Not sure what to do next? Personalize your profile by choosing an avatar and letting the Community know who you are.

To set up your profile: Click on your avatar at the top right of the page and go to “My Settings.”

Mobile-Verizon-Community (1).png

Select "Personal Information" Under the "Personal" tab.
Let people know who you are by filling out your “Biography," then click the "Save" button.

personal-information.jpg

To upload a photo and choose your avatar:

Click on your avatar at the top right of the page and go to “My Settings.”
my-profile-dropdown.jpg

Click the "Avatars" tab to edit your avatar.

Choose the image you want as your avatar or upload your own

my-settings-avatar.jpg

Click “upload and Avatar”, browse for file and select image you’d like to use.

Use the cropping tool to resize as you wish, click “Crop Profile Avatar”

my-settings-change-avatar.jpg

Click "Save"

Get engaged by asking a question!

Dive into one of our topics and connect with other members. Use labels to help sort the content under the topic pages you're searching. Subscribe to specific labels to be notified of a new thread.

Join the conversation and post new topics. Showcase your skills by answering a few too. We love hearing from you and so do the other members, ask us here. Don’t forget to search first in case someone already answered it.

See something inappropriate? Report it.

We work hard to make sure the Community is a safe space for all users. To prevent SPAM attacks we ask that all users keep an eye out for items that don’t look right. Please use the “Report Inappropriate Content” option under the option menu to the right of the post title. This will automatically send the post into moderation and our Community team will do take the best course of action.

Community Personal Access Data

Members of the Verizon Communities can retrieve, view, change, reset and download their community content and personal information. Members can also delete their personal information by closing the account.

Your Ability to Access: You have the ability to request access to your community content and personal information. Community Members can do this by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Personal Information and clicking “My Community Content” and “My Personal Information” under “Downloads.”

Your Ability to Delete: You also have the ability to delete your personal information by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Close Account. You can also send a private message to the moderation or admin team for assistance as needed.

Your Ability to Correct: You also have the ability to view and edit your personal information by logging into your Community Account and navigating to My Settings > Personal > Personal Information / Download. There you can make changes to any personal information and click save to complete the correction. You can also edit any community content you had previously entered. Within My Profile, you will see Edit my profile right beneath About Me as indicated below:

NilsaF_VZW_2-1670615739706.png

From there you can select Edit my profile to make any changes or corrections.

Your Ability to Appeal:  Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia residents have the right to appeal our process for responding to your privacy request, or a specific response to a privacy request you have exercised.  To inquire about appeal options, please visit our Privacy Inquiry Form.

Authorized Agents: You can authorize an agent to exercise your privacy choices on your behalf. To designate an individual or business as your agent, please send their name, physical address, and email address to verizon.community.team@verizon.com. We may require additional proof that you granted the authority.

Here are some screenshots on how to retrieve, view, change, reset, download personal data and close (delete) account:

My Settings > Personal > Username

khshaun_0-1638977771586.png

My Settings > Personal > Email >

Members can view, change or reset their email by making the change and clicking on Save / Reset.

khshaun_1-1638977771586.png

My Settings > Personal > Password

Members can change or reset their password by adding their current password, new password and verify password and clicking on Change My Password or Reset.

khshaun_2-1638977771581.png

My Settings > Personal > Personal Information / Download

Members can view and edit their personal information (ex: first name, last name, signature, title, location, personal web page, biography, private notes, IP address and device ID) by making changes and clicking on Save.

Members can download their community content / personal information by scrolling to the bottom of the page, where there is an option to download their community content / personal data.

khshaun_3-1638977771583.png

My Settings > Personal > IM Screen Names

Members can view, edit and reset their IM screen names (ex: ICQ number, AIM screen name, MSN Messenger screen name, Yahoo ID, Skype name notes, IP address and device ID) by making changes and clicking on Save / Reset.

khshaun_4-1638977771575.png

My Settings > Personal > Auto-Signin Options

Members can turn off Auto Signin for all computers or for this computer only by clicking on the respective option.

khshaun_5-1638977771571.png

My Settings > Personal > Close Account

Members can close their community account. Personal information deletion, when exercised, will permanently anonymize the personal information of the member and attribute the content to an “Anonymous User”. The “Anonymous User” will have a standard “Anonymous” username and a default avatar to distinguish it from other users.

khshaun_6-1638977771546.png

Members can also ask the moderation team / community admin team to close their account via private message.

Member will private message the moderator / admin.

• Moderator / Admin will see the message when they log in and close the account accordingly.
  • The Personal Information and Community Content of the Member will change to “Anonymous” and the Member will no longer have the ability to log in.

After you close your account, you can't re-open it. If you later decide to re-join the community, you must re-register and start from scratch. Closing your account will immediately log you out.

Have a question? Feel free to send an email to our Community Team .

Nilsa
Community Manager