Goodbye to any customer service. No human to speak to regarding outages.
madison8

Not appreciating the circular "tech support" via robot when FIOS TV phone & internet is down.  Heres the scenario, you have no communication methods, your at work, CHAT support tells you to unplug the ONT, which is what the "schedule a call by a robot" tells you after multiple number punching entries, "just say walk me thorugh it"  And, 800.837.4966 gets you not so directly to who else?, the robot.  Super frustrating

So I am guessing the ONT cant be reset remotely? Super inconvenient as well as being an unprofessional comedic tragedy.

0 Likes
Re: Goodbye to any customer service. No human to speak to regarding outages.
madison8

Shame on me for complaining, the "reset your ONT" (by manually unplugging it???)  has been talked about ad nauseum previously 2012, see  "Diagnose ONT - no dial tone"

It is nice to have ways to trouble shoot and at least a crybaby forum. Unfortunately it seems nothing will change, only get worse. Unless...the tech support robot GPS directs the tesla FIOS truck to reach its robotic arm up to the power pole...then the tech support robot directs the robotic arm to disonnect and reconnect the coax to fiber connection...to be continued.

0 Likes
Re: Goodbye to any customer service. No human to speak to regarding outages.
jonjones1
Legend

Why continue? So far any other solution seems to not be to your liking.

if you call 1-800-VERIZON and select the right department on the phone menu or say customer service or push the button for it, you will eventually get to a live person.

however don’t get excited if they don’t get to you right away. 

Verizon has hundreds of thousands of customers and many more on wireless, home phone, Fios internet, Fios tv and digital voice services. So it means being a little patient.

i have called at 8 am (EDT) until 5 pm (EDT) and have gotten right through to an American support person. After 5/6 pm it’s iffy since it gets shuffled to foreign support centers.

0 Likes