HOPING FOR RESOLUTION
mafs

I do not want to believe this is some sort of bait and switch or scam!  My preferred thought is that some simple mistakes were made and that customer service will redeem themselves by providing the correct resolution. 

I have been waiting to get a call from an escalation team member after talking to someone in my local store, and have not yet received the call, but this was a holiday weekend, so this may have held up my response.  I have contacted "customer service", but to no avail-not very service oriented.

I ordered FIOS 50/50 with local channels and HBO, and in the middle of long distance move, did not notice that the gentleman I spoke to instead put the order in as with Showtime (after explaining HBO GO to me in length).  All I am asking is that the Showtime be taken off and HBO put in, as I ordered.  If this really cannot be done, I will cancel all.

During my several calls to customer service (first call made as the tech was driving off the property when my daughter called me and I realized the service was not as ordered), I began to get the feeling this might be a scam.  The offer was made to let me pay for HBO at half price for 6 months then full price after 6 months (I ordered free with the package for two years-thanks for offering up such a great deal haha).  Then I was told free HBO for 6 months by someone who basically threatened that they could take the whole package off and start over but it might not be a good deal for me then-I would probably pay more. At this point I began to feel beaten and said although not a good resolution for me, I would take the free offer (all the while, this rep kept telling me "listen to me . . . I am telling you what the resolution is" ) When done, I get an email showing HBO added at half price-not free, then call back and I am told nothing whatsoever can be done to help me because there are pending orders on my account.

I have used Verizon Wireless for several years and have always been happy, but this experience has not unfolded the way I would have hoped.  I should not be coming away from customer service feeling beaten and with nowhere to turn for resolution.   I have been told that it was my fault, because I did not catch it in the e-mails sent to me-not a good customer service statement.  It might be that customer service could admit that some things were not done properly by the gentleman I spoke to, and they could simply make sure one service was switched for the other, as there was never any mention of Showtime in my conversation with him.  (And, by the way, I am not upset with this gentleman-mistakes happen!)  I am trying to set these things up from long distance and within the week that I ordered and the tech came to set up, I had to travel the several hours, move my daughter, etc.  I have had good experiences with Verizon in the past and am hoping this can be resolved, so that our relationship remains in good standing.

0 Likes
Re: HOPING FOR RESOLUTION
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi mafs,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
mafs

Thanks, will hope to hear something soon!

0 Likes
mafs

I have figured out that I needed to reach out by e-mail possibly to the original person I ordered through.  He responded to me pretty quickly today-tried to call and request that I talk to him before and got the poor service from others and was never put through.

I did call again today, prior to him answering me though and got a good rep!  I do now have resolution.

Both the first gentleman and this gentleman I spoke with today were what I percieve as GOOD customer service reps.  Verizon redeemed themselves today, in my eyes.  

0 Likes