Help with bill from CMR Claims for line repair
txtwinsmom

Last week, we received a collections letter from CMR Claims Dept for $532.28 for a line repair back in Feb of 2014.  Attached to the letter was a (supposed) bill from Verizon c/o CMR dated 4/15/2014 that we never received.  My husband and I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon, where no one could find anything about an outstanding balance or could answer questions regarding CMR.

Our line was cut by our contractor who was replacing our fence due to the fact that the original line was buried in concrete.  If we ever received a bill, our plan was to dispute it because that line was buried sometime prior to our purchasing this home 13 yrs ago and it is certainly not our fault nor our contractor's fault that it was buried in concrete.  

I've seen many other posts like this.... is this a scam?  Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
Re: Help with bill from CMR Claims for line repair
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi txtwinsmom,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello txtwinsmom, As stated this issue has been resolved in your private support case. Please let us know if you need anything else. -Mitchell

0 Likes
txtwinsmom

Hi Mitchell... I've been unable to reply as I haven't had access to my home computer.  I couldn't figure out how to navigate this website on my cell.  So sorry about that.

I guess I'm confused regarding the fact that the bill was generated and it is now unable to be written off.  That makes no sense to me.  Can you explain who generated the bill?  Was it Verizon?  a 3rd party?  CMR?  Unsubstantiated bills can ALWAYS be written off.

It seems that the only resolution the support team has been able to give me is there is a bill to pay, period.  Is there a supervisor or a manager in your area to whom this can be sent?  Is there a physical person to whom we can speak?

As with any service, we have choices regarding internet / television / home phone.  We have been with Verizon for well over 10 yrs but the time may have come for us to investigate our options.

Please advise as to whom this can be further directed.

Thank you!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi txtwinsmom,

We have reopened your Private Support case.  Please access your case by following the instructions posted earlier.

0 Likes
txtwinsmom

so I don't respond here?

This has been the most frustrating process ever!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

The support agents do not monitor the public forums.  They are waiting to hear from you in the support area.

0 Likes
txtwinsmom

can you please resend the link? Also, why doesn't my case just pick up where it left off.  I didn't close it!  It is crazy to me that I've waited several days to receive a response but I don't respond immediately (within 24 hrs) and my case is closed?  This process is RIDICULOUS!!!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

The link will be on your profile page, under "My Support Cases."  Please let us know if it is missing.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

This case has been closed.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Marcial

0 Likes