Hey Verizon! You got Nothing on Your Competition-Listen & Learn.............
CableGame2yrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, once again I have fallen victim to the two year term game. In one month, my Comcast bill went from $121 to $153 because my time was up. So, I decided to give Verizon a chance. I tried this two years ago, and within a week, I was dropping the equipment back off at Verizon. I didn't like the pick a package idea. Seemed like there was always a "must have" channel in a different package, and frankly, if I am going to pay that much every month to watch TV, then I want to be able to watch ALL the basic channels without having to sacrafice. This past week I decided to try them again, and well, I think it's even worse now.

Verizon has no streaming app, (I figured this out after I ordered, and told them on the phone I was using Roku's for 4 TV's), so now I can only watch 1 TV with the cable channels.

If I want to watch TV like I did before with Comcast, it will require 4 more TV boxes and cost an additional $40+ for a monthly charge of $167+

Also, Disney+ only works on smart devices and not with the TV top box. So, I can't watch Fios on 4 of my TV's, but I can watch Disney+ on them, but , I can watch Fios on 1 TV, but I can't watch Disney+ on that same TV. 

I think it's an absolute shame that both companies put more effort into gaining new customers than they do retaining good customers. How can you shove loyal customers aside, and roll out the welcome mat to people that you don't even know if they are even going to pay their bills or not? SHAME ON YOU!!! And that is why I am again playing the 2 year game right now. But honestly Fios, I think you would have to PAY ME to stay with this set up I got two days ago. Hopefully, in two years when I am forced to play this game again, you will actually have something decent to offer me. Until then, well, I know where to drop the equipment off.

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon! You got Nothing on Your Competition-Listen & Learn.............
CableGame2yrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

No comments? No suggestions? Will probably be canceling before the week is out, and begging Comcast to give me at least my old full price deal back. I keep trying, but Verizon has nothing to offer. 

0 Likes
Re: Hey Verizon! You got Nothing on Your Competition-Listen & Learn.............
jonjones1
Legend

@CableGame2yrs wrote:

No comments? No suggestions? Will probably be canceling before the week is out, and begging Comcast to give me at least my old full price deal back. I keep trying, but Verizon has nothing to offer. 

What can someone say? No don't go! Stay with fios!

you must play the game of switch if you want service costs to be lower. If not stay and pay those increases. My wife and I have both fios and cable hook ups installed in our home. A simple phone call and presto the one or the other is gone.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

like i said you must be proactive and not reactive with these services. Have both cable and fios hook ups so it is easier to just flip services. Take no contract with either. You will feel much better.

for years we had cable and it was price increase after price increase. I personally went to the cable store location and said if these prices don't go down I am going. Well we went from $70 a month to well up to $194 and I returned the cable boxes and kept internet. Then it was $40 a month so big savings. Then we went to streaming tv. $30 a month still a big savings. Cable sends me cards and letters to come back every week.

took fios Internet at gigabyte service. Was $86 now $138. But that is over four years. They tried to raise me $3 a month a few months back. I called and said cancel my service. Verizon said you are cancelling over $36 a year, I said yep I will not be priced gouged. I had cable scheduled for a few days to get gigabyte for $99 a month. It's not asymmetrical but it was service. Verizon credited the $36 and I told them knock it off.

you must be firm when dealing with them. And don't say you are leaving unless you really are doing it. I gave the gal a confirmation number from Spectrum and she knew I was not joking.

0 Likes
CableGame2yrs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I called Comcast about my account not showing as closed online, and after some small talk, I was offered the same set up as before for $113 with taxes and fees. That's a $40 savings over my original Comcast bill, and $57 cheaper than Verizon's new customer price. The only bad thing is that the Verizon technians that did the install cut the Comcast line. So, Comcast is here now running a new line for free. Verizon has their equipment back, and I guess we will see what happens in another two years.