Horrible Service costing me almost $400
lsantoro65

I've been a long time advocate for Verizon FiOS for many years now. Back in May my wife and I were presented with the opportunity to buy a house near the ocean, she loves the ocean. We made the move. Prior to moving, we had Multi-Room DVR; Full Channels (HD with all the trimmings) HBO; Showtime; Epix; Max..... Prior to moving I had 12 shows recorded on 1 DVR and 16 on the second. Given that it was a Multi-Room DVR, we could watch from shows recorded on one DVR from either room. We had a normal phone package and I had 150/150 Internet for work.

After the move, neither TV worked with the display about possble billing issue so I called and it turns out that the Verizon technician failed to properly configure the DVR's onto their network. My Internet worked properly and so did my Phone.

So begins the difficult maze of Verizon Technical and Customer Support finger pointing. After a total of 8 hours on the phone with Verizon support over the first weekend in our new home, we finally straightened out all of my channels but the Multi-Room DVR status still didn't work.

Since my job has me traveling approximately 90% of the time, my wife had to call to get someone to come out to fix the DVR issue. For some unknown reason, and in pure wisdom, they sent the same technician who setup the services the first time. After 4 hours at our home he let my wife know that the Multi-Room DVR Media center is fixed and working properly. My wife is not Technical and took him at his word. When I cam home, about 6 days later, I checked and the Multi-Room DVR was not working properly. So once again, back on the phone with Support and I finally was able to speak with a technician who found out what the real problem was. One of the DVR's was changed to DVR instead of Media Center. Finally, it is Fixed but I lost the 16 shows that had been recorded and my schedules.

Overall, my monthly bill is $283, which I have no issues paying, but then you add on the installation ($69.99) and Tax, my current bill due was $389. I called to request a credit and was told that they can only credit for the days I actually didn't have service. So that was 3 days without Pay Stations, 6 Days of no Multi-Room DVR and an extra $30 for the inconvenience. I know what you are thinking. There are 17 days between May 25th and June 11th. The logic I was presented with is that IF the issue was resolved I should have called on June 2nd. When all is said and done, the total offer of credit for the lack of service and worst service delivery ever, was $90. I had asked for 3 weeks of my Multi-Room and not paying for installation and 3 weeks of my TV services. I believe that was more than fair.

The supervisor I spoke to, Matt, explained that he felt that his offer was more than generous and it is not possible to escalate higher since he was right.

I'm now going to be calling COX or DISH to determine which one can be installed the fastest. It is sad when a company is so huge that they have no concern for their customer.

Hope this helps anyone else who is discouraged about their experiences with Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Horrible Service costing me almost $400
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi lsantoro65,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes