How Do I File a Complaint about Verizon Customer Service?
AngryCustomer13
In 2015 I was offered a triple play bundle under a 2-year contract for a specific price.  I asked the sales person if this price would be guaranteed for the full 2 years and was told yes.  There were some existing discounts on my bill that were due to expire in a month or two.  I asked if the quoted price would change once these expired.  I made it clear that I would only agree to a contract if the quoted price was guaranteed for the full duration.  I was not interested if the price would change.  I was assured by the sales person that the quoted price was fixed.  I asked how I would be able to confirm this if there was any issue in the future.  The salesperson told me that our conversation was being recorded and that they were putting a note in my account regarding the price and our discussion. The price of my triple play bundle changed on the 2nd or 3rd bill after I agreed to the contract, concurrent with the expiration of the aforementioned discounts.  I immediately contact Verizon customer service and told them the story detailed above.  They checked my account, told me they reviewed the notes and issued me an adjustment to cover the difference in the promised price vs. the billed price.  This continued over the course of the next 18 months.  Each month my bill would issue at the higher price.  I would call and explain the situation and get the credit issued.  I spoke to numerous customer representatives and several supervisors.  I made several requests to have the billing corrected.  Multiple times I was told that the bill could not be corrected and that I would have to continue to call each month for a manual adjustment.  Until October 2016.   I called this month to have my September and October credits applied and was informed that this could not be done.  When I explained the situation, I was told that the information the sales rep gave me was incorrect and the bundle price I agreed to was not valid due to the expired discounts.  Upon speaking with a supervisor, I explained that I had specifically asked about those discounts before agreeing to the contract and was assured it was not an issue.  I further explained that upon receiving the first bill with the higher price, I contact customer service to discuss it.  At no point was I told that the price I understood that I had agreed to was invalid.  Furthermore, for 18 months I have been sharing the same facts about my bundle pricing and have been granted the expected discount.  I asked that they pull the recording of my conversation with the original sales person for reference and was told that there is no such recording.  I was told that a recording was never made because that is not the practice.  I asked the supervisor to reference the notes in my account from the original sales person and was told that no such notes exist.  I was told that Verizon has already given me more discounts than they should have and I basically just have to deal with it (paraphrasing).   I am livid.  I have been a Verizon customer for almost 10 years.  I entered into my current contract having made it clear that I was only willing to do so for the price I was quoted.  I do not understand how I am being told my higher bill is correct after the price I was quoted, and agreed to, has been honored for at least 18 months.  YOUR sales person assured me my price was guaranteed.  YOUR sales person told me I would have a recording and notes to my account as proof.  Apparently, YOUR sales person lied.  YOUR customer service representatives and supervisors reviewed notes on my account and agreed with my interpretation of the facts, issuing credits to reflect the quoted price for the past 18 months.  If, upon receiving the first bill with the higher price, I had been told that I was not entitled to the price I had agreed to, I would have asked that my contract be reversed due to the misunderstanding.  At this point, I believe this is a breach of contract.  I am being told that if I choose to cancel my service I will be held liable for the early termination fee.  Given the price I was offered and clear precedent set by Verizon by honoring that price for the majority on my contract, I do not understand why I am now being told that this was my misunderstanding and issue to deal with.  I would like to have this addressed immediately or it will be clear to me that you no longer value me as a customer.  I do not patronize businesses that do not value me as a customer. I also suggest that you properly train your sales force to give customers accurate and truthful information when selling them a product.
0 Likes
Re: How Do I File a Complaint about Verizon Customer Service?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi AngryCustomer1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes