How do I uninstall Verizon Internet Security Suite!?
kooistra11

Today, I tried to open Verizon Internet security suite, only to find that it had completely stopped working. When I opened VISS I got a small window that says"this webpage could not be displayed", instead of the list of options I usually get. 

I figured my best option would be to uninstall and reinstall VISS... But that didn't go so well. The usual method of going into the control panel, and removing it through the "Programs and Features" menu wouldn't work, because the window telling me that, "this webpage could not be displayed" kept showing up.

Next, I tried using Revo uninstaller to remove VISS and all it's components, and the same thing happened. Revo Uninstaller deleted VISS anyway, but this ended up crippling my wireless internet connection. I had to use a system restore point to undo this... And now VISS seems to be stuck on my computer.

Does anyone know how to completely remove verizon internet security suite from a PC? BTW My OS is Windows 7.

0 Likes
Re: How do I uninstall Verizon Internet Security Suite!?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...

Summary: This document explains how to remove and reinstall McAfee Consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool. This option should only be used after you remove your McAfee product through Add/Remove Programs.

they have an uninstall tool for when it's being fiesty and doesn't want to uninstall.   give it a whirl

kooistra11

...!!! Wow! It actually worked! Thanks for pointing me toward this!

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@kooistra11 wrote:

...!!! Wow! It actually worked! Thanks for pointing me toward this!

That is great to hear/read. Please mark their post as solved.

0 Likes
DParsons1
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products ...

Summary: This document explains how to remove and reinstall McAfee Consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool. This option should only be used after you remove your McAfee product through Add/Remove Programs.

they have an uninstall tool for when it's being fiesty and doesn't want to uninstall.   give it a whirl

Knock knock, if anybody's home, the link is no good.   I would appreciate an update if anybody is.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over six years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes