How is this possible Verizon? Account Contact Information Changed Without My Authorization
Idontunderstand1

So, I log-in to my Verizon Account and I can see my email address and my telephone number that Verizon verified as the primary contact information.  It says it right there on my account.  However, I am having an issue right now and the chat rep informed me that the person that is the contact, email and telephone number, is the person that I set up with a sub account.

How is this possible?  I didn't authorize this.  Unsurprisingly the chat rep can't fix it and has no explanation.

Of course now the offers that I was supposed to be given when I signed up for Verizon - $100 Verizon gift card, $150 Verizon eGift Card, Chromebook 4 with $100 Samsung credit, and A Google Nest Mini will be sent to the sub-account email because somehow now they are the primary account contact.  Never mind that they will also be receiving verification texts or emails when I am the primary account holder.

Any ideas on my next steps?  FTC?  An Attorney?

0 Likes
Re: How is this possible Verizon? Account Contact Information Changed Without My Authorization
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Idontunderstand,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger inbox for a message from a Verizon support agent. You can find your inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes