I NEED HELP using Site Builder for adding sound to my personal webspace ~~ getting error!!
Tex102511

I am trying to add a sound .wav file to my personal webspace and keep getting this error. 

Even tried converting it to a .mp3 file and still got this error.  Anyone know a solution?

0 Likes
Re: I NEED HELP using Site Builder for adding sound to my personal webspace ~~ getting error!!
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

in the "rename this file to" box try adding the extension at the end of the filename name (.mp3 or .wav).

0 Likes
Re: I NEED HELP using Site Builder for adding sound to my personal webspace ~~ getting error!!
Tex102511

Thanks for the reply Anthony but it didn't work.  Now I am getting this error message below...

I tried several times with different .wav and .mp3 files with no luck.

I also tried different browsers; Firefox and IE.

There must be something wrong on Verizon's end.  Right?

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

How was the sound file originally created? What was the default sound type it was created as? I have not heard of this happening before so I would not think its a problem with the website. Try another sound file to see if it give you the same errors. Try also getting a sound file from online instead of creating one yourself to see if that makes a difference.

0 Likes
Tex102511

The sound was originally created from a CD and iTunes ripped it into my library.  It was created as a .wav file on the CD.  I had iTunes convert it to .mp3.  I took your advice and tried another sound file that I purchased through iTunes and it did work but the sound I'm wanting to use came from a CD.  Any thoughts on this?  I appreciate your input.

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If it did work then we know that there's nothing wrong with the site support for mp3 files. The problem is with how Itunes ripped the CD then if the website wasn't even accepting the .wav file it created. Try using another program to rip the CD. If you have a windows computer, you can use Windows Media Player to do the ripping. See if that works for you.