I want to register a complaint without spending an hour on the phone.
bookeater

I got home from work yesterday to find that Verizon had cut off my services. We have had TV, phone, and Internet with Fios for several years up to now with no problems. I called customer service and was told that someone had contacted Verizon claiming to be the new owners of our home and wanted to set up new service. They supposedly even sent Verizon a copy of a deed to our home. My family has lived in our home for about 16 years. We aren't moving. Either someone did something malicious (doubtful) or someone at Verizon made a mistake. In either case, Verizon is at fault and caused me to have to spend a couple hours on the phone setting up a new account and arranging to have our services reconnected.

This was frustrating and a pain, but I understand that people make mistakes and etc.

What has gotten me upset is that my family now has to wait five days to get our service reconnected. The very nice Verizon representative told me that she could upgrade us from our 50/50 internet speed to the new Gigabit service for the same monthly price. It requires that someone come out to the house to do some work and we have to pay a $100 fee, but it's a huge speed increase, so it seems worth it. I thought that we were making out pretty well despite the inconvenience--I thought Verizon would be reconnecting our old Internet service right away and then get us upgraded to Gigabit service in five days. Nope. They didn't reconnect our old internet service, and when I called tech support to ask for someone to fix things, the guy was kind of a jerk and more or less told me that there was nothing he could do.

Verizon made a mistake by cutting off my service, and then they made a second mistake by not reconnecting my service right away. So, I've had to spend hours on the phone, my kid can't do his online homework at home, and I'm sitting in a coffee shop to get my online work done. Verizon should do something to make up for their mistakes without wasting my time. I don't want to spend any more time on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: I want to register a complaint without spending an hour on the phone.
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi bookeater,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes