IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
ammosammy

I would like to see you improve your customer service. I have been with Verizon for less than a month now with FIOS and I am discusted to be honest.  We had the installation guy come to our home and from the time he got there he complained about everything my wife asked him to do.  Our cables had been previously installed by Verizon but were not buried and we just laying on top of the ground and we were told that if we want Verizon cables buried, we have to do it ourselves...UNACCEPTABLE.  I contacted Tech Support to question this.  They said that was completely wrong and that they would have someone out there the next day to fix it.  The next day no one showed and no call.  I was told "tomorrow" three straight days and finally today, the 4th straight day I was told that they were waiting on the city to come mark water lines and such before digging. WOW, that would have been nice to know three days ago so my wife would not have had to cancel her plans to sit there and wait on the Verizon Tech because I was told that there must be someone there at least 18 years old and they had no timeframe on when they would arrive.  I have wasted HOURs chatting and talking with Verizon and my wife's week was ruined due to this...and to top it all off, I h ad to cancel my landscaping crew since Verizon never showed...costing me cancellation fee.  All Verizon customer support could tell me was "did you lose service?" and when I said no, they said, "well sir, you will just have to be patient and there is nothing we can do for you.  I am sure if you explain to the landscapers what happened they should understand."  

I have worked in customer service for more than 20 years and I have never seen anything like this.  On top of this when I said I am just tired of Verizon and said I would like to cancel, I was told that since I never lost service that I would have to pay a HUGE disconnection fee since I agreed to a contract.  I can promise you one thing...I will NEVER get Verizon again.  My phone is up for renewal soon and I am even going to get away from Verizon Wireless as soon as possible.  It is obvious if this many people in customer service act this way, it is the company's culture...and I will not be a part of this.

There is my big idea...improve customer service and be honest!

{edited for privacy}

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: IMPROVE CUSTOMER SERVICE
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum and you are speaking to fellow customers here. If you wish to discuss this with Verizon, you will need to call them directly.

0 Likes
ammosammy

Sorry about that.  I have spent the last three days on the phone with Verizon, I was looking for a place that I could post for Verizon leadership to see, but obviously Verizon does not have a place like that...for good reason I guess.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Anytime you must dig you have to call 811 to tone and mark out the ground to insure nothing is hit. Once that procedue is finished then the digging group can come out and bury the line unless you hire someone yourself to install a buried conduit then they can simply pull the wire through your conduit.

0 Likes