Installation Fee not waived as promised
BirdieLatte

First I had dificulty getting the FIOS services installed to my brand new build house. The installation was requested on June 30th, and It was scheduled to be installed July 31st. A day before installation date, I recieved a call from Verizon contractor indicating that they will not be able to install the service due to many reasons... Got it!.. I don't understand why waited for 4 weeks to figure it out and called me a day before the installation date!!! Second, no installation date is scheduled from then on, I had to call and check on thes status and no one could tell me when the service would be available. One day a door-to-door verizon showed up in my driveway and sounded very convincing to get me a better deals and get the installation fee waived. I finally got my FIOS installed on August 30th! Now the first bill showed up in my inbox, there it is, the installation fee $45 (1st of two payment).

I called the verizon customer service that I am supposed have the installation fee waived,- There is even a note in my profille about the installation fee will be waived when I called customer services. The customer rep told me to reach out to the person. I called the door-to-door person twice and text her multiple times. I got no return calls or messages. I am seriously considering cancelling the service and go with their competitor.

I am sick and tired of making phone calls and debating with custoomer service.  Since the day I called to request the service installed, it seems like its a full time job to me to keep calling Verizon customer service on a regular basis.  If this is what I am going to experience with Verizon to get this waiver or any other reason, I could very well manage to stay with the competitior so there are no disappointments :-(.

I am hereby requesting the team to validate this and give a better solution for a new-customer who switched services to Verizon and willing to continue for a longer duration.

0 Likes
Re: Installation Fee not waived as promised
MrMatthew1
Contributor - Level 1

Hi BirdieLatte,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes