Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Installer no-show
kdex86
Enthusiast

Hello,

I moved to a new residence last weekend.  I was a Fios subscriber before moving, and because Fios is available at my new residence, I placed an order to transfer my services.  A technician appointment was scheduled for today, June 4, and at verizon.com/orderstatus, it said that the technician would arrive between 8 AM and 5 PM.

It is now 5:25 PM as I am typing this, and the technician NEVER arrived.  When Fios was installed at my prior residence, I remember getting email and text alerts estimating the arrival time of my technician.  Today - NO ALERTS whatsoever.  I spent NINE hours in my residence so that my Fios TV and Internet could be set up and activated at my new residence, and because the technician did not arrived, I feel like I've wasted an entire day off from work.

0 Likes
Re: Installer no-show
ElizabethS
Champion

Please call Verizon again to re-book, and ask that a notice be sent if the installer cannot make the appointment.

0 Likes
Re: Installer no-show
CaptJoe1

Consider yourself lucky. My FIOS service has been down for two weeks. I had two service appts scheduled for Thursday and Friday. Both were no show. No text, no call. I had to find out by going on CHAT to India. Spoke then to three live tech support people: Gabby, Veronica and Tory. All assured me that things were on schedule. They said someone from management would call me back. No one called. Finally CHAT from India said I was rescheduled for today, Sunday. You would think by now I would be a priority. It's 11:00 AM now. No calls. Although I have been with Verizon residential service for over 30 yrs, it may be time to change. The lack of customer service and care is stunning! No phone calls, no texts. I am telling a small lie, The automated 800 number keeps calling me asking me to confirm today's 8:00-9:00 PM appointment. It does that every day. Laughable!

0 Likes