Insufficient customer service and Wrong bill charged
FaisalChowdhury

Hi, I have been a customer of FIOS from May, 2014 (i.e. for 9 months). In the 1st week of January, I started hearing alarms from the FIOS box installed in my apartment. This box was installed here even before I rented this apartment.
I contacted a Verizon agent via chat. She said it is a battery problem and asked my to see whether the problem goes away after presssing some button in the box and also turning off and on the power source. I followed
her instructions. It did not work. She then said the batter needs to be replaced. She said the warranty of the battery is for 1 year and I have to pay for the battery since its warranty has been expired. When I said I have been a customer of FIOS much less than 1 year and the box was there even before I rented the apartment (I rented the apartment on June, 2013), she agreed that I do not have the responsibilty for the battery. She said I do not have to pay for the battery and she will send a technician to replace it.

I repeatedly and explicitly asked her whether I have to pay any type of cost including any kind of hidden cost. She assured me that there will be no cost for this service as it is the problem in the FIOS box and I am not responsible for the warranty expiration of the battery. 

She openned a Ticket (Ticket Number: {edited for privacy}) and the technician came on Saturday January 10, 2015. He simply replaced the battery and then went away. He stayed less than 2 mintues to do this, and did nothing else.

Now, I received my recent bill where I see following line -

1/11 Labor First Half Hour 91.00

I want to know, why I have been charged despite the agent assured me that I do not have to pay anything?

I changed from Optimum to FIOS because I was told Verizon provides good services. But I am very disappointed with my recent experience.

Please let me whether I can expect that somebody in Verizon is going to address the wrong bill that I described above.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Insufficient customer service and Wrong bill charged
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
FaisalChowdhury

Hi, 

Thank you so much for putting me in touch with the customer support. They resolved the billing problem.

Best regards,

Faisal

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

0 Likes
g_hodges

Hello, 

I have just had horrible service. I could not hear or understand the person on the phone. She or he became frustrated when I asked them to repeat what they said. I am disappointed in Verizon's "support." I contacted Verizon reguarding my bill and their was a charge for channels that I did not approve or know they were there. I asked what they could. She/he said nothing and I must pay. Even though I did not know they were available or watched them. I will be canceling my service due to the bad service on the phone, and their unwillingness to work it out. I pay my bill every month on time and randomly there is an extra charge of $40+. I have to pay. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello g_hodges

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
ziggy221

I too have recently had horrible customer service. I have called approximately 6 time and have been told several different things, promised certain discounts which have not been applied to my account, then told that those discounts do not exist. I initially called to have a technical issue fixed, and now my bill has increase by a significant amount. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THE LIES. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes