Internet and TV Instillation question
Upset_customer1

I ordered all three services and was quoted a price of 151.00 after taxes which included 5 tvs. The tech showed up to install everything and told me I had to call to order 3 more boxes because she didn't have them in stock and I could install them myself. The tech left before testing anything. I spent 6 hours on the phone trying to get my internet hooked up.

I finally got it working however it is horendously SLOW. 1.5 mbps to 40 mbps when they are charging me for 100mbps. They then told me they could send someone to fix it but I'd have to pay for it. Remember it was just "professionally" install 4 hours earlier.

I paid for a card to put into my TiVo. The tech installed it but never set it up. I spent several hours on the phone before they told me that they think the card is defective. No solution given I was just told it's detective.

I then called for the three boxes that the tech did not have in stock and they tell me there are additional charges in addition to the 151.00 I was quoted. They said the person who quoted me made a mistake.

This is the worst customer service experience I've ever had. Switching back to COX tomorrow.

I wanted to send this as an email to customer service but they do not provide an email. Maybe someone at Fios will read this.

0 Likes
Re: Internet and TV Instillation question
stunix

Welcome to Verizon!

I assure you, this is what you have to look forward to with your service on Verizon.

I hope you have a lot of free time for the hours and days you will waste calling back repeatedly, being kept on hold for hours, being lied to, passed around, being given empty promised of resolutions or callbacks that never happen, just to get a simple issue resolved that any other carrier is able to resolve within a day.

There's a reason why their support and customer service is rated 2nd worst in the country (beaten only by Comcast)

Enjoy!

-Also an unhappy customer

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@stunix wrote:

Welcome to Verizon!

I assure you, this is what you have to look forward to with your service on Verizon.

I hope you have a lot of free time for the hours and days you will waste calling back repeatedly, being kept on hold for hours, being lied to, passed around, being given empty promised of resolutions or callbacks that never happen, just to get a simple issue resolved that any other carrier is able to resolve within a day.

There's a reason why their support and customer service is rated 2nd worst in the country (beaten only by Comcast)

Enjoy!

-Also an unhappy customer

JD Power disagrees with you:

• Verizon ranks highest in Customer Satisfaction among Residential Internet Service Providers in the East Region, Three Years in a Row.3

Am I saying they don't have problems.

No.

But almost all of what we see here are complaints.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Upset_customer,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes