LIED TO about labor charges being comped!
ab830

I have been dealing with Verizon for months now about the location of their box. I am going to skip that whole part and just relay the lie that I was told and the now $316 labor charge on my bill. The technician came out on a Saturday. He informed me that if he was going to move the box, there would be a labor charge. I explained the whole story (about the fiasco with these service technicians coming out and not wanting to work in the rain, etc), and he said that he would speak to his supervisor. He called his supervisor, and his supervisor said that there would be a charge. I told him to forget it, I would cancel verizon and get rid of the box all together. He then called his supervisor back and said that his supervisor agreed to comp the charges. I wanted to speak with his supervisor, but he said that at that time I would not be able to. He said that everything would be clearly notated on my account. Of course that was stupid of me not to have insisted on speaking with the supervisor, but I was already running late, and the technician assured me that everything was recorded and that there was not going to be any problem. I even confirmed it and said-so there are not going to be any charges whatsoever on my bill. He said no, but if there are, you can call billing and everything will be notated on your account.

I just got off an hour long call with "customer service". I asked to speak with someone else and the manager that I was speaking with, "John" said that there was no one else to talk to. They do not pass off the calls to other people, he was the highest person that could help me. John told me that there was nothing in the notes about anything that I was saying. He said that they would not talk with the technician, nor would they speak with the supervisor (both of which I was told would happen if there was an issue). I told John that I informed the technician that if there were going to be charges, then he needed to leave and I was going to cancel verizon. John said that the technician is the one that wrote down the charges, and besides, John was billing and he is saying that they cannot comp the labor. I told him that you cannot tell someone that after the fact. When I told the tech to leave, he should have left...but instead it looks like he decided to stay and flat out lie to me about comping the charges. On top of that, he STOLE the Brighthouse box that I was on my house. I am fairly certain that it took time to take off that box and disconnect everything...obviously I was charged for that time too.

All I want is for these bogus charges to be taken off of my bill. You CAN NOT tell someone that something will be comped only to turn around and say sorry-that person cannot do that and you have to pay it. This is poor customer service, poor communication, and outright theft and lying. I have no idea if that technician lied about his supervisor saying it was going to be comped-but wanted to make the money. And for someone to tell me that they are the highest person that I can talk to-well right there is poor customer service as well. Not to mention the lack of return phone calls last week having to do with this issue!

0 Likes
Re: LIED TO about labor charges being comped!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ab830,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

We did not hear back from you on your Private Support case. We hope you were able to find resolution to your issue.

If you require further assistance, feel free to make a new post in the public Forums, and we can be sure to look into your issue. As always, we're available for support around the clock.

Thanks,
Ali Adam

0 Likes
ab830

Supposedly they took the charges off of my bill, but until I receive a new bill, i will not know for sure (the charges are still showing in my verizon account). Should I wait until then to contact you, or should I go ahead and do it now?

Thank you!

0 Likes
ab830

I honestly can not find where you are referring to. I don;t know where my profile page is for the forum.

0 Likes
ab830

I found the place I was supposed to go, and the case has been closed. I did not see any of these emails. PLEASE reopen it. Like I said, i was told that the charges would be taken off of my bill, twice now from the same person-but they are still on there!  Thank you!

0 Likes
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

We have reopened your support case.  Please keep all correspondence in the private support portal with the agents that are working your case.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello,

We have closed the private support case once again, due to no response from you. We hope you were able to get your issues taken care of through another avenue. Please feel free to make a new post anytime you need help.

- Jose

0 Likes