Leaving Verizon
ltpdkim

FYI, after only having used Verizon for my phone and cable/internet for as long as I can remember, I am finally switching to Comcast as my service provider.  I am fed up with new customers getting the best deals and incentives while existing customers get no benefits.  It's better to be a new customer these days and get xfinity than remain with Verizon.  They try to reason that the services are not comparable but that's not accurate either.  I've told them what it would take to keep me as a customer, basically give me a deal comparable to what day give a new customer and they haven't even come close.  All I can say is see ya and encourage others to not be afraid to do the same.  Don't let Verizon intimidate you into staying with them if you don't have to, especially if you have a choice and it can be to your benefit.

0 Likes
Re: Leaving Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

I commend you for your fortitude in seeking a better deal. There is no shame in realizing better pricing can be obtained. I would think Verizon Fios would be better to have a cross the board pricing. But like cable who raises prices 2x a year in some markets the markets they serve may be raised or lowered to suit demand.

you can get a streaming service like DirectTVNOW at $35 with no taxes or surcharges and save thousands off your Verizon tv bill, you can port your number to a VoIP service at say like magic jack for $35 for the goggle and a $20 port fee with a year of service included. And save $100’s a year off the Verizon phone invoice.

now since Verizon has the fastest broadband speeds with great reliability you could simply go to internet only, buy your own router and pay maybe $45-$75 a month with no fees or taxes. So you save a gazillion dollars by only shopping around for your services.

there is always a better way.

Good Luck

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I assume you realize when your Comcast contract is up, you will be in a similar situation. Most service providers offer new customers better deals than existing.

Knowing most won't leave because of the hassle.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauthwrote:

I assume you realize when your Comcast contract is up, you will be in a similar situation. Most service providers offer new customers better deals than existing.

Knowing most won't leave because of the hassle.

Sadly this is very true. It’s the teasers to get you in the door. Not to keep you inside.

sure cable will raise and raise their pricing, Fios does it to. It however is just the game that must be played.

0 Likes
FrustratedMM

There is no d scription for just how bad the customer service is, the set the bar for worst service.  The funny thing is that Verizon wireless service is great but the Fios and residential phone service is nothing but  f r u s t r a t i n g.

I had vwrizon residential phone and DSL internet at my prior home.  I moved into a new home  and was excited about FIOS but now regret it.  They published my phone number which I did not ask them to do as prior I had an unlisted number.  Now I’m on every junk list there is and get junk spam calls all day long despite being on the do not call list.

the voice mail which I’m paying for keeps getting cut off and now I need to use my phones buily in answering machine because after three times having my voice mail stoped working I don’t have a choice.  Nothing like paying for something that you do not get.

Customer service does not exist.  You will be passed around to multiple departments while the person helping you is clearly reading from a script asking you to reset your connection etc which does not help and has nothing to do with the problem you have.  They also jump to conclusions and do not listen to the problem you have and are not sympathetic.  Hours of your time will be devoted to making multiple calls that never help.  This is an ongoing issue, not a off problem.

Now they are in contract dispute with Tegna the local channel provider and there is an outrage with no ETA about this being resolved.  Their answer is to have us get an on-air antenna or use the local channels app to view programming.  Really, that’s the best suggestion they have.  

So so like the other person who said don’t be afraid to leave Verizon, don’t.  There are other options that don’t have near the consistently poor reviews with their customer service like Verizon FIOS.  I feel like I have been in an abusive relationship and don’t care at this point how much it is going to cost me to exit.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes