Lied to about gift card promotion
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a choice between Verizon and Comcast back in December and went with Verizon because they were running a promo where you can receive a $100.00 VISA gift card and a year of Disney+ if I signed a two-year contract. I don't care about Disney+ but liked the offer of the gift card. Well, the agent that set me up, didn't put the gift card in there but I had saved our conversation where we agreed to the gift card and Disney+. After being in online chats and phone calls for over an hour today where I shared the conversation where I was promised the gift card, Verizon is still refusing to issue it to me. I chatted with an online agent who said that yes, I was owed it and everything would be fine but I had to call a number, got transferred around about three times and they still won't give me what was promised. I really should have just gone with Comcast. 

Re: Lied to about gift card promotion
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Re: Lied to about gift card promotion
jonjones1
Legend

And you still can leave. If lied to you can break a contract if you can prove it was promised. I would contact your states attorney generals office via google search. And advise them and show them your proof.

if not thirty days there is a total customer satisfaction guarantee so invoke it if it has been 30 days or under.