Lies about Gift Card Promotion
jgladstone73

I was excited to switch from Comcast to Verizon because I love my cell service through verizon and loved the promotional offer of a $200 gift card. We signed up for our service over the phone and was told by the representative that we would get the gift card within 90 days. We signed up in early March and still no gift card. I called Verizon Promotions this afternoon and spoke to a very nice lady. She informed me that because the representative that set up our service did not place the $200 gift card into our billing statement and that we do not have an email saying we would be receiving a gift card that we cannot in fact get the gift card, and instead our promotional offer is a free movie...really??? Even this customer service rep realized that this is a terrible system and it screws over the customers when the agent does not do their job properly. The representative actually recommend that I post on this board so someone higher up will see it and encouraged me to file a complaint with the better business bureau.  I am disappointed by Verizon and how they make empty promises to encourage people to switch to their service. I was a big fan of Verizon because I thought their bills were very clear but I am obviously wrong. I hope they can fix how this handled so other people do not have to go through this as well. 

0 Likes
Re: Lies about Gift Card Promotion
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jgladstone73,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes