Loyal Customers second class
crccox1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

As my verizon bill again creeps up to $200 with no premium channels and 35/35 internet I check on what I can do to lower my bill and get rid of channels I do no watch.  I have no contract but only new customers can bundle channels or if I resign a two year contract I can do limited bundle.  I udnerstand why Verizons offers essentiallyalf price packages to lure new customers but what can they do for an 8 yr lower customer - offer to boost my internet to 50/50 at no cost for a year.  I got an offer from Cox Cable for $109.99 per month with $200 prepaid card.  I get the bundle with all four permium networks and 100 Mbps internet download speed.  Why should I not go there for two years at which time the price will double and I switch back to verizon as a new customer?  Change email addresses?  Big Deal.  Verizon - what can you offer an 8 year member that will make him stay?

Re: Loyal Customers second class
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You say you aren't under contract with Verizon and then compare to a 2 year contract price from Cox.

Have you called or looked online to see what yuo can get under bundling? And there are discounts at times (I went to drop HBO and then was offered it at half price).

See what you can get before you jump.

0 Likes
crccox1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have.  On line using the chat with an agent, they were willing to upgrade my internet speed to 50mbps at no cost for a year then $9.  On the phone we had a very good service agent and she could not believe she could not get us down more than $5.  Like I said, when you ask for some customer loyality benefit they offer a bone that is free for a year then adds to your overall bill.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ans I suspect you will be in the same place with Cox when your new customer contract runs out with them.

0 Likes
crccox1952
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep, and it will be time to change then.

0 Likes