Loyalty Discount
beach3519

A coworker of mine received her bill for May and on her bill under "adjustments and credits" was a $120 "loyalty discount". I asked her how she got it, if she called Verizon for some reason and she said no, she hadn't called about anything. It just appeared on her bill out of nowhere.

I have been a customer since Feb 2011, currently in my second 2-year contract. I have never once received any sort of loyalty discount or anything, so I did a live chat. All the guy told me was call this # - 800-837-4966. The woman that answered told me in her "16 years she's never heard of such a discount" and proceeded to put me on hold for a few minutes to look into it.

When she came back on the line, she just repeated herself that there is no such discount. I'm LOOKING RIGHT AT my coworker's bill and that's clearly what it states, but she didn't want to hear it. All she proceeded to do as a solution to my question was try to sell me into a more expensive TV package.

I'd like to know how this magic discount appeared on my coworker's bill, yet it doesn't exist.

0 Likes
Re: Loyalty Discount
newmember

I'll take a wild stab at this -- ask your friend if he/she ever had a billing dispute or signifigant service problem... I could be wrong, but don't think so....

I received the same credit. My understanding is that it was given to me because I kept my FIOS service despite a signifigant billing issue...

To make a long story short, we had been miss-billed for years for equipment we didn't have --- we're talking mis-charges in the thousands of $$...

Verizon Customer Service understood the problem, but took over six months to fix it.  After numerous escillations within the US service groups, a service rep with the correct authorizations got the case - we had no idea how much credit was actually due -- their records didn't go back that far. We had to estimate and call it even...

My understanding is the loyality credit was for this incedent.

BTW: if your friend pulls-up the billing detail, there should be a code assigned to the credit. That code should reveal the source of the credit transaction.

0 Likes
Re: Loyalty Discount
beach3519

They've never had a billing dispute or issue of any kind with them, which is the first thing I asked her.

0 Likes