Messy
Krissy403
Enthusiast - Level 1

After having my Fios installed about a week ago, I went in the garage (where the router and telephone “box” was installed to find that the technician left a mess in the garage- complete with screws, snipped cable wire , packaging and the old box. Not only that, he had used both outlets in the garage (the only one in there) without telling me or suggesting to put a surge protector there. I’ve has fios a few weeks now and the entire process makes me think I should’ve stayed with Comcast, even if some of the issues were rectified, the cleaning up and lack of communication from the technician needs to be addressed.

0 Likes
Re: Messy
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two devices need power, ont and router. BTW, router does not need to be in garage. If you want good wifi, it would be best if it is in the house.

And its up to customer to decide if surge protector is warranted.

0 Likes
Re: Messy
jonjones1
Legend

The problem first off is the Verizon installer should have cleaned up his mess. Very unprofessional on his part. Secondly you could have had the ONT and your router in your home. Basement or attic or even in a closet in your home.

since it’s now in the garage you could install a power strip in (secure it) and just unplug the router since it’s easier to come back up on line. Try not to unplug the ont.

Or you could call Verizon and have them move it to where you want it (may be a service charge$$$$) but that is something to think over.