Misleading gift card offer
BDAstrii

I received my $150 Verizon gift card that was offered as a "reward" for my service. However, Verizon was completely misleading/dishonest about this card. It is only usable at Verizon Wireless. I am not, nor have I ever been a Verizon Wireless customer. This requirement is extremely unfair and should be disclosed when the gift card offer is made. I now have a completely useless "reward" from Verizon. I can't even apply it to my bill!

0 Likes
Re: Misleading gift card offer
jonjones1
Legend

@BDAstrii wrote:

I received my $150 Verizon gift card that was offered as a "reward" for my service. However, Verizon was completely misleading/dishonest about this card. It is only usable at Verizon Wireless. I am not, nor have I ever been a Verizon Wireless customer. This requirement is extremely unfair and should be disclosed when the gift card offer is made. I now have a completely useless "reward" from Verizon. I can't even apply it to my bill!

It is a marketing ploy. It can be used to buy goods and services at Verizon wireless for another person you know who uses it for service. You could either give it to a friend or relative to use or maybe sell it to recoup all or part of the card.

the offer was in writing and was disclosed so we as consumers have to read things carefully.

0 Likes