Misleading technician charges
Dariarkennedy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I scheduled my service to be transferred when I moved. Instead of a technician, they sent me a self-install kit. I followed the directions but the TV wasn't working. I called tech support who was useless and scheduled a technician to come out. The technician fixed the problem which was wiring in the  main box left by the previous tenants. I signed nothing and he didn't state anything about being charged. A month later I get a bill for $120. I called and they stated because I didn't have a maintenance plan I was charged for the repair. Ummm hello it was not my box that needed repair?!! I only lived there one day how can I be responsible?!! I spoke to a supervisor who advised me to bill my landlord!! Yeah ok! I was mislead by Verizon, I spoke to 2 workers who never mentioned the sneaky charges! I am furious and was given an escalation address to write too, which I did because I should  ever have been charged for equipment that I never touched! It's illegal to charge without my signature and I will not stop until the entire charge is credited.

0 Likes
Re: Misleading technician charges
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Dariarkennedy,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.