Moving the Verizon Guide wire from the utility pole
Guidewire

I am trying to contact the person responsible for moving/removing the Verizon guidewire supporting the PEPCO electricity pole No. 775420-9801 in the Town of Chevy Chase, MD.

Problem: A PEPCO utility pole in front of my house sits next to a huge Maple tree. (The pole also supports the phone/cable/Fios lines). The town arborist has declared the tree hazaradous. It poses danger to pedestrians and vehicular traffic on this busy road in addition to my house. PEPCO has already cut the top of the tree. The rest of the tree has to be removed by the State Highway Administrartion. However, before that can be done, two guide wires, belonging to Verizon and PEPCO each, that support the utility pole need to be moved/removed because the guidewires are going through the base of the tree into the ground. PEPCO is in the process of removing their guidewire and have said that the other guidewire can be moved/removed by the phone company. Verizon customer service sent a technician who obviously was not respnsible for this job. He said that it is the responsibility of Verizon's construction department and promised to let them know. In the meanwhile Verizon has closed the service request without the issue being resolved. Since this is a public safety issue can someone from Verizon please respond.

Thank you very much

0 Likes
Re: Moving the Verizon Guide wire from the utility pole
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Guidewire,

Please be aware that this a forum where users help other users. If you wish to speak with a Verizon representative about your issue, then please visit the Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon.

0 Likes
Re: Moving the Verizon Guide wire from the utility pole
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you know a guide wire (which I assume you mean one that goes to ground) belongs to Verizon? If pole belongs to pepco, I would assume any guide wires belong to pepco.

0 Likes