Need removal old Fios line
cmonroe4510
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a VZ wireless customer. I believe there is an old Verizon (Fios) line running through the trunk of a cedar tree in front of my home. Prior residents installed this line. I now am in the process of taking this tree down because it also grew up and around my electricity drop. I need Verizon to come and cut and remove this line ASAP. Again, the line goes right into the trunk of this tree and cannot be dislodged, so the only option is to cut and remove the line. Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Need removal old Fios line
jonjones1
Legend

@cmonroe wrote:

I am a VZ wireless customer. I believe there is an old Verizon (Fios) line running through the trunk of a cedar tree in front of my home. Prior residents installed this line. I now am in the process of taking this tree down because it also grew up and around my electricity drop. I need Verizon to come and cut and remove this line ASAP. Again, the line goes right into the trunk of this tree and cannot be dislodged, so the only option is to cut and remove the line. Thanks.

Do you have Verizon Fios ? If not why don’t you just cut the line yourself and then remove the tree.

if you do have Fios you would be cutting your own service off. Having Verizon wireless has nothing to do with fiber optics to the home.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Be careful about cutting the line.

Verizon could determine that it is an act of vandalism to their equipment.

Try contacting support at 1800Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport.

cmonroe4510
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good advice. I am not going to cut the line myself. It's only 1.5 ft. from the electricity drop. And, as I understand, the line belongs to Verizon. I have called VZ customer service several times to no avail.  I cannot get through to a live person, and I don't know what else to do.

BTW, I also called Comcast to have them come out just to make absolutely certain that the line in question is not their line for my current service. After just one prompt, I was able to to speak with a human being. She said she'd escalate the inspection ticket right away as there is a potential safety issue.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The cut the line yourself was because you said it was directly through the tree.

the fiber optic cable once on your property is subject to your whims. Not verizons.

it would be like i blacktop my driveway and half my neighbors and say don’t dig up my blacktop.

verizon has the responsibility to insure their lines are not an obstruction to home owners. The easement rights do not include encroachment to such a degree that it would cause you a hardship or a financial drain. 

vandalizing is not in question here. You called in good faith and your property is your property. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Totally different.

Even if you don't currently have FIOS service, you can't take thier ONT off your house and throw it away.

It should be easier to contact them to get them out to correct the line issue.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi cmonroe,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes